3.05.2008

Wish Me Luck, I'll Need Some

Have you ever had a defining moment that made you want to change something so bad that you start taking action immediately? I had one of these last Saturday. We went swimming at Esther and Justin’s new place. I had been so excited to go. Kristi and Ben and Daniel and their families were all going, and the event promised to be a ton of fun. So, we were all there in the one bedroom apartment, kids running everywhere, people taking turns in the bathroom to change, smiles on everyone’s face, having a blast. Then it was mine turn to change. I put on my suit that I haven’t worn since last summer, and happen to see myself in the mirror. The phrase that came to my mind was “This is worse than I thought”. The suit still fit me, but I kinda wished it covered a LOT more while I stood there in front of the mirror. I know what the problem is. I’m a stress eater, I’ve had a lot of stress (and therefore food) and to top it off, I’ve stopped exercising. So, what was I expecting, really? Anyway, after hiding under winter clothes for a few months, wearing my swim suit was a defining moment for me. I decided that night to set up some cool people to exercise with. With fun people motivating me, perhaps I will get some results and feel better in the process. I start on Monday, so in about one month, I’ll let all you in blog-land know how I’m doing. In the meantime, wish me luck, I’ll need some.

4 comments:

Cristi said...

I'm in the same place myself! Good luck! (Your post has given me some needed inspiration!)

Alisa said...

Awesome goal Crystal! Good luck. We should walk to each others' houses to let our kids play while the weather is still nice. Maybe this week? Natalie is over her cold finally!

The Stanford Bunch said...

good luck and yeah for you! Losing weight is a lot of work but fun when you see it go! I will be doing that really soon, I'm excited!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck sis! I need to get in better shape too...you're inspiring me!