3.06.2008

The Shivers

I was in the bathroom on Sunday taking care of some business (eh hem -clearing of the throat-) when I noticed a little creature hiding out on the trim around the door. It was a scorpion! AHHHH! I hate scorpions! Give me a dozen spiders over one of those suckers, because they just creep me out. I thought about calling Spencer to rescue me, but he was outside, and I didn’t want that thing to get away. So I took care of it myself. I got out the spray poison and doused that hideous thing. It got pretty ticked off and started doing its awful scorpion-that’s-ticked-off crawl out into the open. If you don’t know what this looks like, it is tail raised and pincers extended like it’s about to give someone a not-so-friendly hug. Anyway, that is when I took action with Spencer’s heaviest shoe. I whacked it as hard as I could using the heel of his shoe. It fell on the ground and stopped moving, but I wasn’t sure. I flipped it upside down with a stick and whacked it again as hard as I could and this time it spray painted the floor a little and the tail/stinger was deposited on the shoe. Only then was I satisfied… almost. I left him there to have Spencer pick him up and throw him away… just in case. It gave me the shivers.

Note: I found another one the next day too. Yuck. Not fun.

7 comments:

lrbodine said...

Yuck! Those freak me out. Knock on wood - i haven't encountered one yet since I've lived in AZ. I regularly pay for bug service just in case! Good job on killing it yourself - I don't know if I would have been that brave.

The Stanford Bunch said...

oh yuck! I'm soooo sorry! I am impressed that you killed it yourself! If I saw one of those, I would probably call my husband home from work to come and kill it!

Alisa said...

Oh my! Those are the nastiest things! I also get the heebie jeebies from them. I'm glad you were so brave and killed it.

Anonymous said...

My husband calls me when ther is a acorpion :( no help there.....Also no help for spiders etc. I guess the whole man smashes bugs thing just doesn't click with him.......

Unknown said...

U GO GIRL! Kill that sucker!

Anonymous said...

EWWW....shortly after you saw us cutting mom bunzell's oleander bushes, David pulled out a scorpion from the fence he was sitting on and showed me (luckily he had gloves on). They scare me SOOOOO much. Good thing he's such a good husband and takes care of such things for me ;)

The Peterson Family said...

AAAHHHHHHH! The bravery!