3.10.2008

Field Trip!

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the Southwest Airlines hanger at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. Uncle Allen (Spencer's Uncle Allen, not the kids Uncle Allen) works there, and they had just gotten a new Boeing 737 in and he invited us to come take a tour of the hanger and check out the plane. We had to go around dinner time, so we ate pizza while we took the tour. It was so fun to take the kids there and let them experience it all. They were pretty attentive to Allen's descriptions of the parts and such. Braden kept pointing to things and asking, "Uncle Allen? What is this part of the airplane?" Jade really liked sitting in the jet engines that just absolutely dwarfed her. We also got to climb the tall latter and go inside. I loved the new car smell as we entered. We sat in the cockpit and tried on the oxygen mask (which made us sound like Darth Vader) and explored all the other parts of the plane that we don't normally get to see. Then we went out toward the runway and watched as planes landed and took off. It was a really cool experience for all of us. Here are some pictures of the field trip!

Eating pizza in one of the jet engines

Jade touching part of the wing

Testing out the new seats

Me and the kids in the aisle

Braden wants to fly this monster!

Daddy being Darth Vader

Braden and Daddy peeking out the pilots window

Pretending to be blown away from (or sucked into?) the jet engine

Braden and I chillin' in one of the engines

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so fun! Why are all of the airplanes I ever ride in like 100 yrs old ;-) lol! It's good to see them buying some new planes!
That must have been soo much fun!

Anonymous said...

I am sure they all enjoyed it - the pics look like so much fun! I wish I could be there with you all ... would have been fun to sit in the prop thing. I would have loved it! I like how little the kids look in there!:) Love and miss you ..

The Peterson Family said...

OK That is SO COOL! Seriously, something they will always remember... every kid (and mommy like me) should get that opportunity :) We're jealous!

CCmomma said...

That is sweet! Look at that Jet engines and pizza! wow. Maybe Braden will be a pilot!