12.01.2011

This Season

About a week ago, Braden, Jade and I put up our Christmas tree. Maelee just rolled around on the floor and tried desperately to get over to eat the lights.  She loved them! I really enjoy having the tree up and lighting our living room. It feels cozier. Jacob and my Dad helped me put Christmas lights up on the house this year as well. In the entirety of my adult life, this is the first time that I've had exterior Christmas decorations. I'll admit, I like the sparkle (even if the lack of extension cords did create a bit of a ghetto-influenced decorating style... just keepin' it real!). Anyway, I'm very excited for Christmas. I can't wait to take the kids to the temple lights and spend time with family, listen to beautiful and cheesy tunes and just soak in the joy of giving. Most especially I'm happy that the spirit of Christ can be felt in extra abundance during this time of year. I believe that is what really creates the joy we feel during this season.


5 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

awww... Crystal! That pic of your kids is ADORABLE!! I LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

I love the pic! I wanna come over and see the decorations...and Jacob told me the exterior lights could use some expert help (from me) LOL! We don't want our family name/reputation to go down in flames due to the "ghettoness" of your lights! j/k

Love you! Happy Christmas Season!

Johnna Jayne said...

Cute kids! I am also loving having the tree up.

The Bunzells said...

Was listening to the Enya "Silent Night" you put on your blog while reading your entry. Reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas and how blessed we are to know the Savior lives. Beautiful picture of your children :) Keep up the good work Crystal-you're an amazing mother.

Lynda said...

There are so many wonderful parts of the Christmas season! I wish we could keep it all year long! Let's try! Thanks for sharing the inspirational tunes and especially the picture of the cuties! I love you all so deeply!!!!