At the beginning of the month, I learned that Maelee was not getting enough calories, so I started supplementing her nutritional needs. One thing I did was to start feeding her rice cereal occasionally. Here are some pictures of her first bites. Photos compliments of Braden:
The middle of the month brought many fun events for me. First, Maelee and I took a last minute trip to UT to be there for Brooke and Ryan's wedding. It was great to be a part of that and also to spend time with Joni and Xelly and Jacob. I am very grateful for the generosity and service that made this trip possible. Here we are on the plane:
Let's see. After my birthday was over I started working on wooden signs that I sold at a boutique. It was a fun event to be part of with Chelsea and Mom and I made a little bit of money which is a bonus.
November also brought some fun times at home just being a family. Maelee is growing so fast and the older two are having fun interacting with her. She likes to say "AHHHHH" really loudly when a lot of people are talking at once. It's like she's putting her two cents into the conversation. She also grabs everything in sight these days... including Jades hair if she gets too close. I've tried to make home life special for us in little ways (like letter pancakes for dinner) even though I sometimes feel so emotionally burdened that I am inadequate for even the most basic of responsibilities. I know it won't always be like this, but it does get me frustrated quite often. I keep reminding myself of the blessings I am receiving and that sometimes helps.
One of those blessings was a scorpion crawling across my room. I caught it in a jar and you know what? Only three days later it had multiplied by a lot. I'm still very grateful that I had seen it and avoided having these little cuties being born in my bedroom.
My favorite part of November is always Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. I don't really love the food, but I do love taking time out to focus on the gratitude I feel in my life. This Thanksgiving morning I ran a local 5k run with many friends and neighbors. My dad and mom came along and helped with the kids. The older two ran a 1 mile fun run with Grandpa. I did the run in 32:05. Despite my slow time, running that distance was a personal accomplishment for me that I felt really good about.
The kids and I headed to Safford after that to spend Thanksgiving with the extended Lilly family. I hadn't seen those relatives in a long time and they hadn't seen Maelee, so it was nice to get together. The drive home was long, but I was very glad that Kara was with me and able to help with the little rug rats in the back.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving was spent with the Beach family. Jacob and Joni and Xelly came from UT. It was so nice to see them. We also took that time to snap a few family pictures which I still need to edit. I hope there are some treasures in there.
In all, November was nice. I'm glad I'm writing this to remind myself that I really am doing OK. The day to day is tough, but looking back over a month I can see the many opportunities that I have had and the good things that are being accomplished. Next month is going to start off with a new niece and end with Christmas. Out-of-town visitors and gift-making will fit somewhere in the middle, so I'm anticipating another good month overall.



7 comments:
November sounded awesome. : )
You look awesome, too, and you have a beautiful smile.
I am astounded at your kindness towards that devil scorpion creature. Did I see rocks in the jar for it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! And I can't believe you called those scorpion babies "cuties". I look at them and dread their POISON!
Also, just so you know, I thought your intro paragraph was hilarious. High school football players would probably have missed the innuendo and would have enjoyed the rest of your post. I was nearly chagrined with that stereotype a couple weeks ago, though, when I found out my brother got the award for the highest GPA on the football team at their banquet. I believe I have a smart brother, but I was thinking, 3.9 or 4.0 tops. Apparently he has a 4.6 GPA. LOL! All those poor intelligent jocks get a bad rap because of those who squeeze onto the team with D's. : )
P.S. I love your letter pancake idea. We've only experimented with food coloring in our pancakes.
I love your month! It inspires me to find more time as well...I am awful at it! Hope to see you and talk to you soon :)
November was, indeed, a great month! I'm glad I got to enjoy some of these good times with you. I can't wait to see the family photos :-) thanks, again, for taking them!
Glad to see you survived another month. I'm so impressed with your running, great job! Ya know, it's always nice to hear I'm not the only mother who feels inadequate. That is something I really struggle with everyday.
That's a lot of great stuff happening. Freaky scorpions! It was nice seeing you are Target for 5 seconds! haha! Black Friday shopping is fun!
I have had so much fun looking over your blog! The scorpion story especially freaks me out! We have had about 20 in our home/garage, and I actually just caught one yesterday. The thought of those babies all over my home freaks me out! Ugh!
Post a Comment