12.29.2011
Something I Love
I really like to write. So... why haven't I been writing lately? I'm not sure. But I might be scared. I want to write for a living now and for some reason that intimidates me. I have a name and a logo, I have a Twitter account, a business email, and a writing blog built. All of them are just there. I don't do anything with them. Is it because if I fail, my other options consist of leaving my children to the care of someone besides me? Perhaps. Is it because I've done it as a hobby for so long that I doubt it's merit as a "real" job? Uh huh. Is it because I'm burned out on being rejected and I know I'll face that before success? Maybe a little. Probably the biggest reason of all is that I haven't had the heart. I've been working on trying to ignite the fire that used to live inside me. It kinda died this summer. I'm resuscitating. I'm getting better. I'm rising from the ashes. But it's slow. The spark is still in there with the potential of creating a fire bigger and warmer than before. And I'm ready to start feeding it. I'm scared of that first step, but I think I just need to do it. Ready or not. I just need to put myself out there. I must get working. I need to write some samples and then ask for every writing job out there. And while I'm not sure anybody will hire me, I'll be working and I know that will somehow be rewarded. If nothing else, I'll be doing something I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I like your fire analogy. Get that fire going! You can do it! I'm sure it's scary to actually pursue the dream. I wish you success!
One of my favorite lyrics from Darren Hayes'(the singer from Savage Garden) song "Void":
"Severed and broken but the spark still tries."
You are going to accomplish amazing things! You already know I believe in you and I know that you believe in yourself despite your fear. I wish you the best of luck!
Post a Comment