3.14.2011

Very Cool Kiddos

This week is Spring Break. I thought I'd write a little blurb each day and that way I can remember all the fun as it happens.

Day 1 (Monday) -
Last night the kids and I made an "agenda" for our spring break so we'd make sure to fit in everything we wanted to do. Today's agenda wasn't the most exciting, but it was a good way to start out this week. The first thing on the list was to clean the house. Every weekend, our house tends to get very cluttered, and I have always felt like I don't want to use my Sunday to clean it, so it waits until Monday. Someday I'd like to be able to have it clean for Sunday, but for now Monday is cleaning day. So, the kids helped me put away all the clean clothes and they brought down dirty clothes from upstairs. I cleaned the bathrooms and did two loads of dishes. All the while, the kids had fun playing loudly and fighting with each other. It's so ridiculous, but lately there has been a ton of competition between them lately. This coupled with Braden being pesky and Jade displaying a horribly out-of-control temper makes for some fun times. So while I tried to work, I had to keep reminding them that they are friends and should treat each other with respect. I still have some more house cleaning to do, but we decided to take a break and do #2 on the list; plant sunflowers.  In my head, I imagined a lovely time planting with the kids. I bought some little sized garden gloves for them so they could get in there and work without hurting their hands. Braden was pretty helpful preparing a spot for the seeds. He brought bricks from across our yard to make a border and helped loosen the soil. Then he just started acting pesky again. He "accidentally" turned on the hose full blast when I asked him to turn it off...  two times. Yeah. That wasn't an accident.  He also acted helpless when he was trying to make a little hole for the seeds and instead just spread the mud around like frosting.  I know I should be more patient, but when I'm tired it is so very hard for me to just go with it. So Jade got the seeds in the ground and then I made an executive decision that we were done and going inside. Now we are headed to get some produce and hopefully I get a little more cooperation with that errand. I keep reminding myself that tomorrow the "chores" will be done and I can just focus on having a good time with my very cool kiddos.

No comments: