11.28.2010

Two Red Lines

In the last couple of posts I have mentioned naps and resting and being tired. It's true. I've been a total bum lately. I, the punctual one, actually find it hard to get Braden to school on time lately. And my house is disgusting. But I'm not stressing about it. There is a very very good reason I feel nauseated 90% of my waking moments. I'm pregnant! Yes, it's true. This has been a long time in coming. We didn't come to this decision easily, but now that we have, Spencer and I are both so excited. I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I think I'm somewhere around 6 or 8 weeks along. The estimated time of birth is sometime in July of 2011. For the record, my favorite foods are currently Malt-o-Meal, potato soup, mashed potatoes, and Taco Bell bean burritos minus the red sauce. Besides the exhaustion, craving Taco Bell was one of my first symptoms. I'm really grateful that we get to add to our family in this way. I'm looking forward to seeing Jade be a big sister. It will be a change that will possibly affect her the most of all of us. She is very excited about having a baby. She started talking to my stomach moments after we told her and Braden. Then she giggled and said, "It will probably be able to hear me later" after I told her it was the size of a pea right now. Braden is also so excited. I'm really glad with how they've responded and hope that they will still feel this way when the baby comes and my attention is stretched a little more. I'm sure this blog will take a turn toward all things baby in the coming months. It's still surreal to me that I'm going have a baby. It's amazing the future that suddenly comes to view just by seeing two red lines.

8 comments:

Johnna Jayne said...

How exciting! Your kids are so sweet and gentle with Crew, I think they will be an awesome big bro and sis. Congrats. . . Also, taco bell sounds incredible right about now.

The Stanford Bunch said...

CONGRATS! I suspected. - but only because you had been tired lately. :)

Cristi said...

Congrats Crystal! Oddly enough, I also crave Taco Bell when I'm pregnant (although I rarely eat it when I'm not). Anyway, hooray for a baby!

JJLanier said...

Yeah! I'm excited for your family! I have been waiting for this post- I've been expecting it for some strange reason :)

Bryce D. said...

Is that contagious?

Kristi said...

Congratulations! How exciting for your family! It's a bummer being tired and nauseous all the time, though.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I got lazy about blogs for a few weeks, and then miss the most interesting post of the year!!!lol.

Alisa said...

Woohoo! Congrats on your growing family!!