11.26.2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was wonderful. We started out the morning with the traditional football game at the Spencer's relatives land. The kids and I met up with Spencer after it had already started because I've been really tired lately and find it hard to get places by 7am.  I got to take pictures while the kids got to run around and gather gigantic fallen leaves from trees that must be at least 20 years old. I didn't really get any good pictures this year, but I did get some funny ones which I will share below.
After football we got to go home and relax. We watched Macy's Day Parade a little, made some jam, and just generally lounged around. It was nice to rest. Then we headed to my parents home to eat dinner. It was delicious! My dad read a really cool story about a Thanksgiving long ago in the life of a man named Gordon Green. It reminded me again of all that we have that we can choose to be grateful for even in times of hardship. We went to my folks property in South Gilbert to hit a couple baseballs with Braden and Jade after dinner. Then we headed to Spencer's aunt and uncles home to enjoy time with his family. There we had pie and played an awesome Jeopardy game which was put together by Brandon and Michael. This was the second time that they've done this and they always turn out so well! It was tons of fun to mingle with cousins. In all it was a great Thanksgiving.

Jacob plays football with crazy eyes.

Brian plays football with a joyful smile. "I love to tackle!"

Daniel fighting for one more yard

Michael went blind halfway through the game. Spencer started dancing.

Spencer's intense face. (Click to enlarge)

Michael later developed a cool force field that threw people out of the way.

No comments: