So I announced that I'm pregnant and then the blog died. Well, that's about accurate as far as my life. I've been feeling consistently nauseated and therefore have cut out almost everything that requires energy that I am not obligated to do. I don't want to be a whiner, really, but I'm pretty good at it right now. I thought for journaling purposes I would write the things that currently make me feel nauseated. You know, in case I think about getting pregnant again sometime ;) Kidding. So here is what I've noticed makes me wish my strong stomach would allow me to vomit:
My old prenatal vitamin (I switched to one without iron and hopefully that helps)
Busy sounding music
Children running around too fast near me
Being in a car
The smell of my car (I need to clean it out really well and get an air freshener that isn't too strong)
The smell of strong air fresheners
Lingering food smells
All bathroom smells
Lingering "fruity" body wash smells
The smell of Spencer's cologne
The smell of my deodorant (bummer since I bought the two pack only a couple months ago)
Drinking too much water at once
Not drinking enough water
Coughing too hard
The smell of my children after they've played outside :(
Stinky kid bedsheets
Eating (in general)
Not eating
Standing up too fast
The smell of cooking sausage (the worst)
The smell of Ritz Crackers (go figure since I bought them specifically to help with nausea)
Looking at the computer too long (kind of a killer with editing photos)
Brushing my teeth
Funky breath (it's probably not even bad... my nose is just EXTREMELY sensitive)
The smell of clothes that have sat in the washer for more than a couple hours
Being in a warm stuffy place
Being hugged too tight
Thinking about Panda Express
So other than the times I encounter any of these things I feel OK. I really shouldn't complain. I know two people off the top of my head that spend their first three months in bed with an IV drip. So... I guess I'll take my nausea, thank you.
12.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I feel for you. I know exactly what that's like. When I was pregnant with Chloe I was nauseous the entire pregnancy! But hopefully for you it will be a distant memory in a few weeks. It's all worth it for your own precious baby, though.
Wow! That's pretty much everything! I hope it passes and soon!
Natasha feels for you, she had a more predictably schedule of constant nausea after 10am, but good until. Curious if you've tried the odor-free salty roll-on deodorant, it's about as neutral as I could suggest. Good luck!
also, are you cool with those ozone air filters? if you don't mind that specific smell, it could help kill all the others.
Busy sounding music? You are hilarious! I'm so sorry you are so nauseated! I would puke in the shower with the smell of shower gels. It took me about a year before the memory no longer made me nauseated when I smelt those flavors again. Have you tried getting medicine for it? That was the only thing that gave me back my life until I made it to 18 weeks. You poor soul!
I love that my brother so enthusiastically has posted well reasoned attempts at giving you useful suggestions. He is more helpful sounding than many of us girls. HA. Anyway, so I am going to be entirely the opposite and just wallow in empathy for you, reassuring you that it is horrible and completely unfair, and although it will eventually be a memory, that in no way lessens how much it sucks right now. I am sending a mental hug and feeling grateful for my empty uterus.
Post a Comment