7.14.2010

I Love Them

My life has been so good lately. I've been feeling so happy with my children and my husband. Sometimes I get into ruts where I mostly choose to see the bad in these amazing people. Lately I've been able to avoid this for the most part and I'm grateful for them. I want to write some of the things that I'd like to remember about my family members currently.
Spencer -
Some things I love about him are:
His ability to calm me down.
His crushing hugs when I'm feeling stressed.
His amazing skills at making Asian food.
Ditto, but with smoothies.
How well he supports me in my church responsibilities.
His desire to love and care for us, his family.
His uncanny ability to keep the fridge fully stocked with ice-cream at all times


Braden -
Some things I love about him are:
His idea of what is possible is unbound
He loves to be a leader
He tries very hard to make good choices
When he doesn't make good choices, he usually admits it and makes it right.
He makes things happen
He loves his little sister and serves her every day
He likes to look nice
He's still not too old to enjoy a good snuggle with Mom
He laughs so easily... and he has the best laugh.


Jadelynn -
Some things I love about her are:
She is always saying funny things to catch us off-guard and make us laugh
She sings along to songs in the car with me
She is so affectionate and enjoys hugging and snuggling more than anyone I know
Her voice is so little
Her hair is so hopeless, but she is still so pretty
She can be enraptured by anything that is small, pink, or sparkly
She turns eating into social time
She has a dimple when she smiles and she's proud of it
She is always up for a "chatter" (chat) as I'm tucking her in bed
Her conversations often include her musings of who she is going to marry



I feel like I am a very lucky person to be included in this family. They are the greatest part of my life hands down and I love them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! You have me all sappy now because I am terribly fond of Spencer as well. He is such a great cousin. I love your kids too. I am feeling like we have to hang out soon so that I can be around you and your kids. lol.

Kristi said...

Oh that is so sweet! How wonderful to appreciate the good things. I'm sure I need to do that more. Cool pictures, too. Jade looks so much bigger and grown up than the last time I saw her. Braden's picture is really awesome.

Unknown said...

LOVE. thanks for the post and the delightful insights to your family. It is way too easy to be distracted by how satan would have us see things. way to overcome!

Lynda said...

Thanks for sharing these loving thoughts about your precious family!
That's a great thing to practice each and every day. Not ignoring the other stuff totally, but dwelling on the good.
Love You All!