
This post is about my sweet little daughter. There is no particular thing that prompted this. There are just so many things that she does that I want to remember. Jade is my little snuggle bug. She is very affectionate to me and other people she loves. She loves to hug, but I think she likes to kiss even more. She comes up to us and starts kissing us repeatedly. Then she says, "Say too many kisses!" Then we say, "Too many kisses!" and she stops. She then starts the game over. On the opposite side, she is very good at blowing people off at her discretion. This is especially true when she is confronted with facial hair. She makes it pretty obvious where her feelings stand on this issue. She has really gained a personality over the last year. She is extremely "girly" and loves dresses, shoes, bows, and make-up. I don't let her wear make-up at this point, of course, but she treasures her lip balm and calls it her make-up. After I put it on her, she pokes her lips out and struts around the house tilting her head from side to side and holding her hands out at her sides. She told me she wants to paint her fingernails for her birthday party (it's a little ways off). Her favorite colors are pink and red. I think this is a pretty good choice. I mean, what's not to love about these two colors? One word: Starbursts! Pink and red are definitely the best flavors. However, I digress.
Jade loves to talk. If given the opportunity, she would have a conversation that lasted all day. She likes to use little cutesy sounding words (cup-y, teeny tiny, "Little Daddy" etc) although Spencer and I have never spoken to her that way. It's funny. I have really treasured our time while Braden is at preschool. It's fun to hear her opinions and listen to her ideas about life. She often will say something and then ask, "Right?". She seems really interested in learning about social behaviors. Probably not consciously, but she likes to know the proper response to situations. Jade is probably the most distracted and messiest eater that I know. She's 2 and a half but still gets food all over herself and the floor when she eats. Eating is more of a social time for her. I usually have her help me clean up in hopes that it will encourage her to hold over like she's been taught. So far, there are few results. I'm hoping she gets it down before dating age.
She loves everyone in the family but especially Braden. They've created this game where she says enthusiastically, "My Braden-y!" and then hugs him really tight for a long time. He often requests this game by saying, "Jadelynn, say my Braden-y and hug me forever." She's always happy to oblige, proof that despite their intense differences, they really can't live without each other. Basically, I can't imagine our family without Jade. She holds a special place and purpose, and she's such a joy.



13 comments:
How cute are those pictures? Little girls are such blessings. She is lucky for having a wonderful mom like you.
What a doll! Thanks for letting me get to know her a little bit. (I wish we were closer and could hang out, but this will just have to do:)
She is such a little darling! Watching our children develop their own little personalities is a definant joy of motherhood
What a cutie!! I love that last pic. I'm glad you did a post about her!
How sweet! I love the hug game that they play. Oh, it makes all the bad days of motherhood worth it, doesn't it?
We're so lucky to have Jadelynn in our family! She is going to be such a bright spot in this world as she grows up and spreads her positive, loving attitude wherever she appears. I love Jade!
Thank you for sharing these beautiful blog entries with us all. I am so grateful to experience the joy of both of our Grandchildren.
Thank you for sharing them with us!
Heavenly Father is well-pleased knowing that his children are striving to raise their children (his children too) in the paths of righteousness.
With Love, Mom
PS ~ I really love the music on your play-list. Some of it reminds me of your awesome marching band days.
what a cute post and such a great idea! Isn't being a mom the best thing ever!
I can't imagine the family without Jade either. I hope our kids our as cute!!!!
I love it when Jade talks with me. I love her little girly voice and her manerisms. She is the cutest thing ever. She is growing up sooo fast!
What a precious child! And what a cute personality!
So I wrote you this really cool comment, misspelled (typo) a couple of words, tried to correct them, and whammo! Nothing left. Heh, heh (blush)
Short version--Maybe the cutesy talk is because she is so perceptive and is "applying" something she noticed in other words to new words.
Baby talk--no with Celestia, yes with Kevin (why did I go brain dead? Emotions too excited to talk straight. The second time I already knew a little about how wonderful motherhood can be
Cameron--tape Jade so he won't miss out on this cute phase. They grow fast.
Love, LaRee
sweetness. and happy birthday in a couple days. Crazy weekend coming up and I didn't want to forget to tell ya. :)
Post a Comment