11.17.2008

A Wonderful Mother

Finally... a new post! And this, my friends is a substantial and very exciting one. I've been waiting to post this for several weeks. I am excited and happy to announce that my little sister, Chelsea is pregnant. She and Darin are expecting their little fur ball sometime around June 27 2009. They thought it wise to hold off on telling the world until their first doctor's appointment which was today and everything is looking great. I am so excited to be an aunt. When I was pregnant, I had all sorts of day dreams about my unborn children and motherhood. Now I am day dreaming about aunt hood. I see myself making blankets and babysitting and spoiling that child rotten. I don't know if this will actually happen, but I'm excited to learn the ropes of aunt-ness. I'm also really excited for my kids to have a true cousin. In a few years, we can do cousin sleepovers! Fun! When we say cousin now, my kids usually think we are talking about Daddy's cousins or their kids. So it will be neat for them to finally understand what a cousin actually is. The due date is ironically 5 days after my best friend, Brooke's due date for their little one. Actually I know about 7 women expecting babies around that time frame. It is kinda making me think, "why am I not pregnant?" But that is a whole different post for a different day. In all I am just really happy for my little sister and I know she will be a wonderful mother.

(If you know Chelsea and want to keep up on things with her, she has started a blog which I have now added to the list on the left.)

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations to your sister! I didn't know your kids don't have any first cousins. That Lilly family needs to get in gear, too! ;) So Braden is the #1 grandchild on both sides - lucky him!

Tiffini said...

How exciting! There are 15 women in our ward due in the spring!!

I've been having similar feelings, like you, should I get pregnant again? But I REALLY don't want to get pregnant yet. Jacob is pretty clingy still, and I just don't feel emotionally ready for that kind of commitment with him still needing me so much - or so he thinks.

Tiffini said...

p.s. you have great music on your blog!!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Brooke's pregnant??? Thanks for the news!!! :)

haole12 said...

You're welcome. :)

Unknown said...

Isn't it kinda hard to believe that Chelsea is really gonna be a mommy? Maybe it's just me!
I'm so excited! Do you think the baby will look Hawaiian?

Chelsea said...

Darin can only hope that the baby will look Hawaiian, Allen. But, I think Crystal explained the most likely case when she called the baby a "fur ball". Thanks Crystal. I appreciate your faith in me to create an animal. :) I am excited to be a mom and excited for you to be an aunt!

Anonymous said...

So much good news, yet I can feel the excitement all the way to Utah. Chelsea and Darin are the kindest, sweetest couple and I know they are going to be wonderful parents. I'll keep praying that the sick feeling doesn't last too much longer. Chelsea, thank you for calling me.
Love,
Grandma Priest