11.01.2008
"Ibol"
Braden has been eager to learn to read and write. Today he wanted to spell "eyeball" with his refrigerator letters. I helped him break up the sounds just a little and he chose the letters he thought would spell it. Phonetically, he did a pretty good job... "ibol"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
That is so cute. It totally makes sense! Why aren't all our words like that??
We need to teach this kid Spanish...he would totally get it!
I am actually astonished by his ability to reason at such an advanced level at such a young age. You and Spencer are such great teachers :-)
What a smart little dude. I totally think it makes sense too. It shows that he is really understanding the connection between letters and sounds. Pretty impressive!
Cute-est picture EVER! good job Braden :)
Braden is so awesome! How cool that he is so motivated to learn! He's probably going to be reading by the time he starts kindergarten!
I love the Vivaldi song on your blog, by the way. I think I might use it during music time in Relief Society in January (I'm the Relief Society music director).
This made me laugh. I love little minds that are figuring everything out. He is very smart. :)
Eli did this at age 4. He started in on scissors, constantly drawing and wanting to write words. I couldn't wait for kindergarten so he could start learning to spell. Then surprise he wasn't ready for other aspects of school and we ended up homeschooling for part of his education.Maybe partly due to independent streak.Gets that from Dan, uh maybe me too ask Mother and Julie how impossible I was at age ll. But I'm rambling again. Anyway, go Braden, that is great!
smarty pants. I love watching them learn! Addy is so thrilled she can sound things out and gets mad if I ever read the "short" words without her help. :D
Post a Comment