8.27.2008

Little Chauvinist

Funny. We were talking at the dinner table the other night, and Braden said something like "I'm strong." I agreed with him. Then after thinking for awhile, he stated that he was strong like Daddy and that Daddy was really strong. Then he looked at me and pronounced that Jade isn't strong, she's weak (at which point he reminded me that weak is the opposite of strong). Also, he told me that I'm weak too because I'm a girl too like Jade. I told him that not all girls are weak and many girls are quite strong. He didn't buy it. He simply said, "no, Mommy." Apparently without even realizing it, I'm raising a little chauvinist.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like he needs to watch a little more of the womens olympics!However, don't we all LOVE a big strong man?

Unknown said...

He's a machista! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. You should make him watch old footage of tennis legend Billy Jean King (a woman)beating the pants off a male pro tennis player. I don't remember his name. After all, he LOST. It was in the early eighties I think. Anywho, there is nothing wrong with him thinking he is strong. And it is true that boys are generally stronger than girls. He should know there are other ways to be strong besides muscles though!

haole12 said...

Just have him watch one episode of Xena: Warrior Princess and he'll think otherwise. Then he will believe Xena is ever stronger than daddy.

Kevin said...

I feel self-consious realizing that he didn't catch onto this while my influence was around... guess he must have been to young to catch on... yeah...
you still should have challenged him to an arm wrestle though.

Alicia said...

Hi Crystal! I found you on Terra Shepard's blog (she and I were buds at BYU). Nice to get a glimpse of what you're up to these days! Youre kids are adorable (if a little chauvinistic :])! Have a great day!

Alicia (Packer) Langstraat

Anonymous said...

Yeah fro being strong ... I guess I am weak too ... then again - We are the ones who have babies and ALL that goes with the aftermath, 'monthly visitors', and cooking and cleaning and .. well .. I think we are stronger in many other ways then a man! :)