Wow. After watching the Olympics with Spencer once again tonight, I HAVE to post about them. Nothing, I mean nothing, gives me greater pride in the people of our country and for mankind all over than the Olympic Games. These amazing individuals get out there and give everything they have to represent their family, themselves, but mostly their country. I feel pure patriotism surging through my veins as I watch each gold medalist watch their country's flag being raised to the sound of their national anthem. No matter where everyone comes from, it seems for a moment in time, that the Olympic Games unites us all as people striving for something better. I especially felt the pride in our country tonight as I watched our men swim the 400 meter medley relay and beat yet another world record, and achieve for Michael Phelps what was previously only imagined. He has now won 8 gold medals this year and 13 total, and he is representing this magnificent country, the United States of America. I am proud of his individual achievement and the hard work, perseverance, and strength it represents. Congratulations, to all of our amazing athletes.
8.16.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I couldn't agree more about the Olympics - although I'm ready for swimming to be over so I can hear more about other athletes. No offense to Michael Phelps and his amazing feat but there are MORE people in the Olympics. I love hearing all the stories and their accomplishments! And I cry every time the flag is raised and the National Anthem played. Love it all!
P.S. Braden's "michael phelps face" is so cute!
I have to say Braden is WAY cuter than Michael Phelps
I love how Braden got into it, too!
Post a Comment