
I was waiting to write this blog until I got a hold of some pictures to go along with it. On December 1st, Jacob treated Spencer and I to an AquaBats concert in Tempe. We met up with Jacob (of course) Allen, Darin, Nephi (a friend of Darin's), Mike and his girlfriend, Scott and Dallas and some of his family and friends, and a couple girl friends of Allen and Jacob. It was such a blast. I jumped around and danced like nobody was watching. I probably looked like a huge idiot, but I really had a good time. We also got to see Suburban Legend (who were entertaining) and Streetlight Manifesto (who I got bored of pretty quickly). It was a great time and I even got to keep a ball that the Bats threw out to the crowd during the song, "Throw Away the Trash". Now, those of you who new me in high school, I know you understand why this concert was significant to me. For those who didn't know me back then, the AquaBats were my very favorite band. I listened to them all the time and wore their clothes and had their symbol on my backpack. I even corresponded with them. I was like the biggest fan ever! Well, time has gone by, and I have kinda grown out of their music a little bit, I guess. I still enjoy them, but I'm not up on what they are doing in the music world. For example, they had a new CD out, and I didn't even know until I was doing a little catch up research on them in preparation for going to the concert. Anyway, the concert was so fun, and it reminded me about why I liked them growing up. Like they actually said during their concert, there are better bands out there. There are many others with more musical talent or better voices etc. The reason I loved them so much and why I still like them is because they use what influence they have for good and their music is happy. I remember being impressed at their first concert that I went to back in the day that they never swore on stage at all. This is pretty rare for a punk or rock band. Also at that first concert some people were smoking and they kept making a point to ask them to put out their cigarettes. Thats so nerdy and so awesome at the same time. I love it when people uphold their values publicly even when it is unpopular. The same things impressed me at this concert (except the smoking thing, luckily Tempe and all the valley has now banned smoking in public places), which tells me that they have stayed true to what was important to them before. So, if you want to be entertained by some guys who are really enjoying themselves and not trying so hard to fit the mold, you might just try becoming an AquaBats fan. Those guys are awesome! Go AquaBats!
3 comments:
Is that Scott Souquet-Bressand? If so he is in our ward. ha! Oh, I don't know if I spelled that right.
Oh my gosh, I love it! My dear little Crystal and Jenni were so obsessed with the Aquabats! Remember when you guys tried to put on their CD at one of my birthday parties and my mom freaked out? ha ha she's so weird. But I am glad you got to go and remember the good ol' days :)
I'm totally jealous! i started listening to the aquabats in 10th grade. Now i see them on this freaky kids show called Yo Gabba Gabba frpm time to time. I saw them once in Sand Diego. Way too much fun!
Post a Comment