10.09.2007

Our Little Indi

I went on a date with a hot guy on Friday night (Spencer). When we were coming in the house, we heard a couple of quiet mews coming from behind the couch on the patio. We shined flashlights behind there, and lo and behold... there were a couple of kittens back there. Well, in the morning all but one of them was gone. We found him around lunch time scared as can be just waiting there for it's mommy to come back. So we lifted up the couch and Justin climbed under it and picked up the poor little thing. It wasn't too excited about that (as evidenced by the bite and scratches Justin received). Anyway, it was pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen (besides my kids). Esther and Sherilynn and I immediately adopted it and began the process of feeding it and teaching it that people aren't scary. A couple of us came up with the name, "Indi" short for Indiana Jones.... suitable for a spirited little male. He was a needy little thing and we came to a pretty quick realization that it needed someone with more time and attention for him. I new that Allen had been wanting a cat for awhile, so I called him and let him know the situation. He was so immediately excited and agreed. So, we started preparing Indi for life in a high-rise condo. Within two days, we had it eating from a bowl, kinda using a litter box, and completely socialized. Allen picked him up yesterday, and so far things are going well, but we sure miss our little Indi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indi is SOOOOO CUTE!!! I am happy that Allen got to keep him, so he stayed in the family. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for thinking about me Crystal! I love having Indi here in the house...it makes for a fun time :-) He's still growing well and getting stronger by the day. I think it's due to all the caring people who gave him a fresh start at life! Thanks!