10.13.2007

Happy Birthday, Braden

Today was a great day. We had a birthday party for Braden. It was so fun. We had badminton set up and croquet and of course the zip line is always a hit. We also did a picture treasure hunt. I took pictures of things around the yard and then put the pictures in envelopes. Each envelope was the clue that told him where to go next. He LOVED it and that made me so happy. He was the leader and he kept saying, "follow me," or "I'll show you the way." It was so cute. The treasure was a pinata made by Spencer and I. It was a helicopter, and I have to say that it turned out pretty good for a homemade thing. It lasted through Braden, Jennifer, Jarad, Andrei, Nathan and then Sharilyn finished it off. After that, we did cake and presents and then just played for a couple hours. Another adorable thing that happened was that Jade started pushing Radek around on Braden's toy car. He's about 6 months younger than she is and it was so sweet to see her hug him and pat his head. She kept saying "baby" and then she would say "eyes" while she poked him in the eye. She loved having a little person around. That little guy is such a cutie and so patient with Jade. I also got to see my recently engaged Brookie, and that was so awesome. She is an amazing girl and I could write a whole posting all about her, but I'll save that for another time. Anyway, it was so great to see everyone that made it. I took a total of 148 pictures, but I'll post just a couple of my favorites. Happy Birthday, Braden

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Happy Birthday Braden! Sounds like it was a fun time.

Alisa said...

Is he 3? Wow, the time flies. What a fun idea about the treasure hunt. I can't wait until Natalie can talk and say cute things. Oh, and I loved your pics!

Anonymous said...

Hey it looks like it was so much fun! I really wish The girls hadn't been sick so we could have gone. They had so much fun playing with Braden last week.