8.11.2007

My Sister


Well, tomorrow is Chelsea's birthday so I thought I'd write a little blog about her. Lets see... where to begin. I remember when she was born. I was so thrilled to be having a baby sister. She was a fairly big baby, although not huge. She kind of looked like a disgruntled caterpillar for the first week of her life... all pudgy and scowling like. However, after that she really did become a beautiful butterfly. She was a very cute baby and toddler and very affectionate and loving to all of us in the family. She made up songs to sing to us and left us love notes. She's still really good at being thoughtful like that (although it's been awhile since she sang me a goodnight song from a trundle bed beside mine). So anyway, as she grew up she was always a sweet girl and a beautiful girl. Of course, there was that "ugly stage" that all little girls go through, but Chelsea (although she would be modest and tell you differently) didn't stay in that stage very long. She sailed on through to becoming a very very lovely women. But enough about how gorgeous Chelsea is, anyone who's ever seen her would know that... lets talk about something that matters. Chelsea has a great personality. She is very genuine and doesn't really mess around. She seems to like and get along with almost everybody that she meets, but she is not afraid to let people know how she feels about things. This is a great quality because there is really no guessing game with her. I remember a couple times when this may have hurt a love-smitten guys feelings, but in all it has resulted in nothing but good. What else? Chelsea is very practical about things in her life. She is good at seeing a goal off in the distance and determining which choices will get her to her goal, and then she follows through. She's a very hard worker and isn't really content just chillin' when there are things to be done (most of the time). She is completely reliable. In fact, I can't even recall a time when she had said she would do something and then just didn't do it. Another thing I love about Chelsea is that she has a true desire to do what is right in all instances. I can say that I know of no time when she has wanted to play on the "edge" with rules or her standards. Because of this desire, she seeks the Lord's direction in her life and in her choices and is a powerful example to me. I love her so much and I think that Darren is pretty much the luckiest guy in the world to be married to her. And as for me, I am still so thrilled to have a baby sister. I will always be grateful for the blessing it is to have her as my sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Crystal, you have such a sweet and tender heart. What a wonderful way to honor your sister. I remember when all of you were born and how excited grandpa and I were for each and everyone of you. A new life brings a great hope for the future.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Crystal for such kind words. I nearly started crying as I read it. I attribute a lot of who I am to you, my big sister and example. I treasure your friendship. I love you.

Unknown said...

How'd we get so lucky to have a sister like her? She's definitely the crown jewel of our family!