8.08.2007

Together We Are Better


Wow! They say time flies when you are having fun and I guess that's true. Mine and Spencer's 4th anniversary is tomorrow. It seems like we just got married and then it also seems like we've been together for a lifetime... so much has happened. Thankfully I feel even more in love with him than I did when we were "newly-weds". We still have a lot of growing to do, but our understanding of one another is increasing all the time. As we go through life together and experience things with one another our bond grows stronger. I have a sense that we can make it through anything, something I didn't have when we had first been married. Marriage really can be wonderful. I think, like many things in life, the outcome relates a lot to what I am willing to put into it. When I am grouchy and snappy and critical, it is really hard for me to feel the love that Spencer has for me. But when I focus on all the good things he does and the hard work he completes and the many admirable qualities that he has, I not only feel his love for me, I see it. If I had to pick a favorite thing about being married to Spencer I think it would be how we complement each other. We are two very different people, so there is so much that we can offer to each other. He helps me appreciate things that I didn't think about before, and I help him see things in different ways too. We make a very well-rounded team when we work together at life. To put it simply; together we are better.

2 comments:

kclilly said...

Wow time flies! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I feel so similar about marriage. I understand now why we can not enter the celestial kingdom without it. We cannot become pure enough on our own. We need the companionship and the constant improvement that marriage inspires. It is a beautiful thing.