The kids at our ward Christmas party. This is the first picture I've ever had with any of the kids on Santa's lap. I may or may not be a complete humbug about Santa.
Jade and her friend at their school Christmas concert. Do they look cold? They were singing about a snowman.
Gingerbread houses with Aaron and Diana and the Lilly crew. It's a tradition that keeps giving as you eat it slowly throughout the following week. Does anybody else enjoy stale frosting and crunchy graham crackers? 'Cause I do.
Braden started football this month. (No, it's not tackle. And no, he doesn't have pads... he stuffed his shirt with dirty clothes.) He's really enjoying football with PR Youth Sports.
There are very few places that really capture the joy of Chritmas. The Mesa temple with it's nativity displays, beautiful music, and countless dazzling lights is one of those places. I loved walking the grounds with the children. They liked everything about it except that I wanted to stop and take pictures. Next year I'll take my good camera since these pictures were epic fails.
We did stockings and gift giving on Christmas Eve morning. It was the kids idea. They didn't think it would be keeping the Sabbath day Holy if we did it on Sunday. I wasn't going to argue their feelings on that.
I think I like the gift side of Christmas more with children. I mean, look at Jade. The small amount of money it took to get that Littlest Pet Shop house is worth that reaction.
Maelee spent Christmas Eve at Darin and Chelsea's house by mauling everything she could get to. Here she is meeting her cousin, Autumn. The men didn't let her get too close, but she was sure trying!
Mauling Braden's toy.
Mauling her new toy.
Shea got a cute little bookshelf and immediately began to organize it with all her new toys. She is so cute. There is no question that she likes things to be tidy. Poor little thing had pneumonia and had just gotten back from the hospital.
Grandma and Grandpa Beach made an awesome LEGO table for Braden's room. And Jade got some girlish LEGOs to join in the fun!
It was really cool to have Connie and Bruce Beach from NV to join us during Christmas time.
It's been fun to have the older kids home from school. Unfortunately, we had some sickness during the break, so we didn't go do everything that we were hoping, but we had some good bonding time at home and more movies than normal.
As you can see, it's been a good month. We have been so blessed. These pictures are a start, but this month has also brought cards in the mail, friends at our door, 12 Days of Christmas treats, carolers, an advent of scriptures, gift cards, the sharing of songs, services rendered by many and even bags of gifts on our doorstep late Christmas Eve night. I can't believe the outpouring of blessings that the Lord gives to us through the hands of the kind people in our lives. I keep having the lines of this scripture (Mal. 3:10) run through my head as yet another blessing pops up "open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us. And I'm so grateful for a beautiful December.

















3 comments:
My kids would be so jealous that your kids got Christmas a day early! It sounds like they actually got two days of Christmas! Sounds wonderful! The one of Jade celebrating is just awesome. I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!
Thanks so much for sharing your month of December with us! It was a beautiful time of the year! The spirit of Christ brings so much love, peace and hope to a crazy world. Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures! Love Mom!
I love stale frosting and graham crackers too... I try to blame missing pieces on my kids, but we all know who did it :) So that picture of Jade opening the My Littlest Pet Shop is literally PRICELESS! Seriously the cutest thing ever and should be entered into a competition!
Post a Comment