Life has certainly been good in non marital-related areas. I feel surrounded by good friends and many wonderful family members. Most of all, I love my children so very much! They fill me with joy and I love being a mother to them. In the last few months we have done some fun and special things together.
Shortly after Maelee was born, we took a little vacation to Sedona. We went with my parents and my sister's family. Allen also came up and spent time with everyone as well. It was relaxing to get away for a little while. The kids had fun fishing at a trout pond. We also got to play a lot with cousin Shea and go to church together etc. It was a treat to be able to go and I'm so grateful that my parents thought to include us all in that little trip.
August 10th was the first day of school for the year. Jade started Kindergarten and she has been doing awesomely! Some days she comes home very tired and emotionally done, but she is a smart little cookies and a joy to her teachers. Braden is now in 1st grade and has been doing very well in his work. He's still a little bit of a chatter box, but I think his current teacher is more firm with him in a way that he responds to. So, that has been good for him.
On September 4th, Maelee was blessed. I decided to sew her a blessing dress. It was a learning project for sure. Her Grandpa B. gave a beautiful blessing to her through the power of the priesthood. Included in the blessing circle were Grandpa L., Michael L., Cameron L., Darin O. and Bishop Anthon M.. I am so grateful to these men who honor their priesthood!
Grandpa B. took Braden camping toward the end of September. Braden proudly reported that he used a knife to carve some wood! I love his bright-eyed enthusiasm for simple things like that. I remember enjoying carving wood and I'm glad he got to experience that with the help of his Grandpa.
October has been nice so far. Braden turned 7! I still can't believe it, really. A little girl at school gave him a huge bag of Skittles for his b-day. I went to his classroom that day and read a story to the class during snack time. Braden then passed out erasers to all of his friends ('cause his mom thinks kids get too much sugar). In the evening he had fun with visits from family members who showered him with love (and presents too!). He went with his dad the day after and played some baseball and basketball in the park and ate at Burger King. On Saturday, we had a friend party for him. My parents helped me pull it off. I couldn't have done it without them! It was a LEGO party and it was so fun. I think the best part was the pinata that wouldn't break. Ha ha. I finally told the boys to attack it and they tore it to shreds. It was good fun. As we go forward into a future that is unknown in a lot of ways, it gives me hope knowing that we will continue to make fun and special memories together simply by living life to the fullest.
10.11.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
The dress turned out so beautiful! Awesome job! I loved the Lego theme, it looks like they had so much fun from fb photos!
your kiddos are lucky to have such an awesome mom!
Love you!
How fun Crystal, Maelee is adorable!!
Post a Comment