10.18.2011

Humorous Perspectives

Today was a good kid day. Maelee has discovered her feet which has provided entertainment for her and me throughout the day. They're like built-in toys attached conveniently to her legs! What a lucky baby! I spent much of the day talking and playing with her.


When the older two got home from school we did homework quickly and then went to the 99 cent store to get some special things for Braden's sack lunch tomorrow. Usually the kids eat school lunch, but the lucky boy gets to go to the zoo tomorrow! I wish I could go too, but it would be difficult to care for Maelee as a chaperone. Anyway, while we were at the store, the kids found a new friend and asked me to take a picture. 



It's Mr. Eggplant! Isn't that the weirdest looking vegetable you've ever seen? I once saw an episode of Jane and the Dragon where the castle gardener "Rake" entertains the royalty by presenting "look alike vegetables" that resemble the people in the kingdom.  Does this eggplant look like anyone you know? I love being with my kids. I appreciate their bright eyes and their humorous perspectives. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't want to put anyone on the spot by comparing them to an eggplant haha! Why didn't you make eggplant Parmesan and pack it in Braden's lunch?