11.19.2010

Good

This week was my birthday! I'm now 28 :) My special day was really fun. I first enjoyed the company of my mom and sister who came over and hung out and had delicious food with me. Then Kara took me shopping and bought me a gift. The idea was that since I had picked it out, I wouldn't return it. Um, yeah, apparently I have an issue with that. After Spencer came home from work, we both took a short nap and then we and the kids met up with several friends and family members at Cafe Rio for dinner. Yum. Ever since Brooke introduced me to that place I have wanted to eat it.  It was really nice to see so many awesome people there. After that we came home and my older brother came by to wish me a happy birthday and deliver a gift. It was great to see him. The evening ended with Cameron and Kara coming over to hang out. We watched Planet Earth and had a good time chatting. I really enjoyed my birthday and thank everyone who made it so special. For the record, I have been feeling older lately. I basically want to sleep every day. And also for the record, I did well with not eating sweets on my birthday despite the obvious temptation to do so. But, alas, my visiting teacher brought over freshly baked cinnamon rolls today... sigh. They are so good.

4 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

CRYSTAL!!! JK!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Kristi said...

You have amazing willpower. I'm glad your birthday was fun!

Lynda said...

I am to blame for the sugar intake.
I would just like to say that you are growing up so beautifully!
28 IS GREAT! We love you!

Unknown said...

cinnamon sugar and bread combo gets me everytime! glad you had a fun birthday :)