This is for anyone who uses Gmail (and I think Facebook and other sites do this too). Do you ever read the sponsored links that come up on the sidebar when you're reading an email? I think they are highly entertaining and also a little creepy. Some of them are very common and show up all the time. Some are generated based on what you write about in emails or in your status updates, profiles and such.
So I'm often getting stuff for photography and children... my life, right? But the funniest ones are when they mix stuff up. I like to try and figure out how they came up with it. For instance today I looked over and it said "More about..." and in the list was Thai Love Poems. What am I gonna do with Thai love poems? Maybe Thai recipes, perhaps. Seriously. Where do they come up with this stuff? I sign nearly every personal email with "Love, Crystal". So, I write "love" a lot in my emails. Cameron just came back from Thailand and I emailed him while he was there, so maybe I wrote Thai or Thailand a lot? I'm not exactly where the "poems" came from. Anyway, glance at it sometime. It's weird. I wonder if anyone has ever found those ads useful in any way? Does anyone actually click on those? Perhaps I should start writing a lot of emails about free money samples. Do you think that would work? Ok, maybe not. I'll just keep finding simple entertainment in my sidebar ads.
9.13.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That's funny. I do notice some very random stuff sometimes. Also, I think they pull things that your friends like, assuming that maybe you will like it too. So maybe you have a friend who loves thai love poems. Hmmmmmmm.
on the few occasions that i glance at those ads, i always think they're so random. nothing like thai love poems, though.
I think I did click on one of those ads once because it said I could get a free camera, but it looked like a scam so I closed the ad. Anyway, they can be weird sometimes.
I've always been impressed with how much more relevant MOST of them are, that new and then there are a few that are semi-interesting. Where would google be if it weren't for googleads?
but I have no idea what these were about, albeit oddly enticing.
Reduce Rail Wear
Automatically lubricate train rails
Reduce train derailment & rail wear
www.tranergy.com/CurvGlide.html
&
Spiffy Horse
Advanced Horse SIM Game
Free to Play, Sign up now!
www.SpiffyHorse.com
I've never had anything that crazy, but I hate how they know what's going on in your life. They knew I was pregnant, and they followed me to Cleveland.
Post a Comment