Drowned Rat
9.22.2010
Perfect Activity
Ever since Braden started going to school, life for Jade has been boring... er um... more grown-up-ish. I try to be cool, but I have nowhere near the imagination of those two kids and I'm not very good at playing. So she is forced to make her own fun which is challenging for her. So, as you can imagine, when my mother suggested a get together at the Gilbert splash pad we were both excited for some entertainment. We met up with her and Chelsea and Shea and it was so much fun. It was great to see the pure jubilation of the kids as the water sprayed up and surprised them. Shea was hilarious when she got sprayed in the face because it got her all disoriented and she started staggering around until she found her bearings. Jade enjoyed playing with the plastic toys Grandma brought and filling them up with water. I loved her face when she got sprayed with water. Spencer calls it the "drowned rat" look. He says I look like that when I come up from swimming. Anyway, with the weather at only about 90*, the splash pad ended up being quite a perfect activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I am boring sometimes, too. : ) A splash pad is a great way to get out of the "box" of non-imaginative thinking & experience somethings...now tomorrow you can pretend that the dolls are playing at the splash pad with Jade. : )
How fun! Radek asked on Wednesday morning if he was going to play with his new friend again. I thought they did pretty well together over all. Is Jade still liking her new necklace?
That was sooooo much fun for sure! We will have to do that again sometime! Love You!
Fun! It can be hard to come up with things to do when kids are restless. The drowned rat pic is great!
Post a Comment