8.09.2010

Years to Come

Seven years ago on this day, I was in my condo with my cousins getting ready to be married. They were drying my hair and fixing it up and I was just getting antsy to go. I didn't really care that my hair was still wet. My Dad called me that morning and told me in a regretful voice that he wished that there had been time to talk the night before. I suppose he was getting a little sentimental about his daughter starting a new family. I put on my simple yet beautiful wedding gown and my inexpensive jewelry and waited. I guess Spencer and I didn't believe in not seeing each other before the wedding, because he picked me up to take me to the temple. I remember he asked me if I was nervous and I said "no". I asked him and he said "a little".  If we had known then what we know now, I'm not sure if that wedding would have taken place.  I'm sure glad we didn't know. Our life together has not been simple. That being said, the trials we have gone through together ended up making our bond stronger.  Lately things have been better for us and we've had a chance to breathe and re-discover each other. As we change and as time goes by I hope we will constantly be re-discovering each other. As I think about seven years, it seems so long. Have we really been married that long? I'm glad that we are married and that I have Spencer to help me be a better person. When we aren't both being stubborn, we balance each other very well.  I look forward to many more good years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life would be so boring if it were easy! Still, hard is hard. Congrats on 7 years! I hope the next 7 is even better. Who knows what life will throw at you next?

The Stanford Bunch said...

beautiful post - vaey well said and I love that pic! Happy Anniversary!

Spencer Lilly said...

I love ya Babe. It's been a wild 7 years. I look forward to many more.

Kristi said...

Life does have a way of bringing unexpected challenges. I'm glad you two are happy together! Happy Anniversary!