8.18.2010

The Good Life

Well, Braden and I have both begun to adjust to school. Braden had a rough and grumpy first week, but this week has been quite good so far. Today his teacher called and they are moving him to a different class that is at a faster pace. I am glad for him. He started crying when I told him because he loves his teacher and he doesn't want to leave his friends. I know he will be fine and that a faster-paced class will be better for him.
I have had the decorating bug lately and our bedroom is looking cooler and cooler (at least to me). I can't wait to be done in there and post some pictures. The funny thing about decorating on the cheap is that every creative idea I get requires lots of labor. Sometimes I don't have the time to do everything so the list of what I'd like to do just keeps getting longer. Right now I'd like to paint the bathroom cabinets, frame out the bathroom mirror, paint (yes, I said paint) and sew some custom curtains, make a DIY "kissing pleat" duvet cover, sew some throw pillows, paint a custom rug, create some wall art out of bird identification books, and create some large paper mache monograms. Having only one kids at home has simplified things, however, I need to take more time to play with little bored Jade. Braden really was a blast to have around. The poor girl doesn't know how to play by herself. I'm sure she'll learn. I'm pretty boring. I thought about putting Jade in preschool, but I decided to wait until second semester. She's in dance right now and I really don't think she needs to be gone more than that at this point. I love having her at home with me. She talks all day long and it's so fun to hear what she comes up with. She is such a joy. I feel so blessed. I'm seriously living the good life.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

You sure have ambitious decorating plans. I would be proud of myself for even doing one of these things.

That is cool that there is the option of a faster-paced class for Braden! He does seem like a smart kid!

Bryce D. said...

I don't let my pleats kiss. It's gross.

Anonymous said...

You should have Jade play with Radek! He gets bored too, poor only child that he is. He isn't opposed to girly stuff, even though he is a little man through and through. He likes role playing games, puzzles, and coloring. I'm pretty sure Jade could figure out a way to make trains girly. Radek can spend hours weaving complex social situations for his trains. That isn't much different from doing it with dolls, right? Plus, since you are not a pet person, jade could just play with Radek's pets. It's a win win all around.