6.01.2010

Catfish!


Yesterday, Spencer took the boy fishing. I stayed home with the girl to get some stuff done prior to girls camp (which is tomorrow). When the boys got home, they had a surprise waiting for us in the cooler. A giant (ok, it was 17 inches) catfish! Jade asked Braden how they caught it and this is what he said:
"Well, we stuck the pole on a brick and a branch. Then we just ran around and played and started going back to the car. Then we came down from the car and my pole was moving! So we grabbed it, and I reeled in the fish. Then I holded it with Daddy's shorts (they had changed into swim-gear and needed something so Braden wouldn't get poked by the fins... thus, the shorts) and Daddy ran to the car and got the water ready (in the cooler). Then I plopped it in the water. Then we went swimming."
Spencer said the story was mostly accurate except the part where they "ran around and played". Apparently Braden ran off and started playing while Spencer was watching the poles and then Spencer had to leave the poles to go get Braden who was heading toward the car. Anyway, they had a good time and I'm excited to eat me some catfish!



3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is a pretty big catfish! I really like your pictures, especially the first one. How exciting to catch a fish! Bryan has taken Kayla and Jessica fishing three times now and they haven't caught a thing!

Kevin said...

looks great! It's good they didn't take me, I'm walking fish repellent.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome fish! Hopefully you are good at cooking fresh caught fish! I still remember gutting, skinning, and cooking a rabbit that Ryan (and I think spencer too) shot. I couldn't bear the thought of it being killed for no reason. Tasted like chicken....just a little sweeter. lol