6.20.2010

What Mud Mania Is All About

Today the kids and I decided to head to the North to check out Mighty Mud Mania in Scottsdale. It's a huge event that parks and rec puts on each year. Basically they ship in a bunch of dirt and water and then mix it together to form mud obstacle courses and mud pits for kids to play in. There are also all sorts of vendors there with tents and booths set up. The fire department shows up as well to spray kids off with their fire hoses. It's pretty much awesome. Braden had a lot of fun, but I think a lot of it was too much chaos for Jade. There were thousands of people. We stayed for about an hour and that was just enough. Although they were cleaner than I had anticipated, both wanted showers when we got home. I think we'll check it out again next year and be better prepared knowing what Mud Mania is all about.















3 comments:

lrbodine said...

Looks like fun! I put it in my free newsletter of things to do in the East Valley (www.mesa.macaronikid.com) but had no idea if it was really as fun as it sounded. I definitely want to check this out next year!

Unknown said...

I heard about this on the radio, and was thinking about going but got distracted on sat.

d.jo said...

I would be SOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!! I will have to look out for that next year!