5.26.2009

No Doubt Concert

On Saturday night Spencer and I had the rare opportunity to go out to dinner together and then stay out as long as our aged bodies could handle. This was all thanks to Diana and Aaron who volunteered to give us a night out. It was so very fun! We went to Siam Orchid, one of the best little Thai place's I've tried around here. It was delicious as expected and we even went all out and tried some of the deserts. Thai desserts are interesting... not nearly as rich and sweet as American desserts, but they are refreshing and a good compliment to the extremely flavor-rich meals. After dinner we traveled across town to see Paramore and No Doubt play Cricket Pavilion. It was fantastic! I was impressed by Paramores live sound. Some bands (and especially the younger/ newer bands) sound horrible live. These guys were great! The lead singer was all over the stage and had a lot of energy. The only thing I think could have improved their show was more interaction between the band members and more focus on the whole band versus only the lead singer. No Doubt seriously rocked my socks. They did a very good job covering all the different sounds that they have played and in an order that really worked. Gwen Stefani did an excellent job sharing the spotlight, something that may be hard to do in her position... being far more famous as a solo artist than the other members of the band. She was also very gracious with the crowd and thanked everyone for coming so many times. She even took some time out to bring a girl up on the stage that had dressed like her and also to take a picture with a mom and daughter that was on the front row. She could have been faking, but she seemed very sincere and told us we were very inspiring to her several times. Apparently they are trying to get a new album together so they did a tour to be inspired and get a kick start. It was an extremely entertaining concert and Spencer, who was only mildly interested in No Doubt before, likes them so much after seeing them live. We had a lot of fun. After the concert, everyone was hungry, so we went to Denny's. Random... they now have menu items late at night that were created by rock bands... like the hoobaburrito created by Hoobastank ha ha ha. It's pretty cheesy. Anyway, we had a really excellent time and it really recharged my batteries to have some time to just have fun with my handsome husband. I would definitely do a repeat on a No Doubt concert.
to view more pictures check out this album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113654&id=534812618&l=deb60bd176

4 comments:

lrbodine said...

I got invited to that concert last minute on Saturday and was really impressed! Although next time I think I want seats that aren't in the grass - I'm getting too old for that. And I want to try that Thai restaurant out now!

Tiffini said...

sounds like so much fun. You guys look great!

Unknown said...

Oh that would have been so fun too bad I am way to preggo to have gone and enjoyed with you!

CCmomma said...

SOO FUN! we parents are always in need of time to just let loose once and a while!