After the luau, the kids went with my parents and Spencer and I buckled down and proceeded to move. Thanks to all of the many friends and family members who helped us, we were able to get out new place adequately cleaned, painted, repaired and everything moved in by the end of Saturday. This was despite our water not being turned on until Monday. Let me tell you, cleaning is very hard without running water.Friday was Jades birthday, but since she was away from us, we had a simple celebration when the kids got home. I hid her gift in the new house and let them explore the house while they searched for it. She loved her "newborn My Little Pony with a stroller". I also made her a cake and we enjoyed being together.
That next weekend was Chelsea's baby shower. It turned out really cute. My mom put most of it together and it was so beautiful! Chelsea's getting closer to the end of the pregnancy. I can't wait to meet little Shea! She's going to be the best dressed and best accessorized little baby I've ever been an aunt to :) Chelsea has many talented and generous friends. I was in awe at all the cute little homemade clothes and accessories that they gave.
After the shower, I did several photo shoots and that was fun. I'm at a crossroads where I need to decide what to do with that. I'm getting more interested people than before and Spencer is wondering if maybe it's time to get compensated for my time. I'm not sure if that's what I want to do since I don't feel like I serve very much, but I also understand that my time is also my families time.So lately I've mostly been putting the house together and planning for the exciting bridal shower coming up. Braden and Jade got robot suits made out of boxes thanks to Spencer and they had fun with that. I still don't have pictures of the house because every time I think of doing it I'm either involved in a project or it's dark. Don't worry, if you've followed this blog before you know that I eventually get around to showing pictures of our new houses. This may be the last time we do that in a while, so I want to do it justice. Thanks for your patience.


5 comments:
Thank you sooo much for all that you organized for my awesome baby shower! Even when you were super busy! I really appreciate it! Mom made it beautiful too!
that was always my favorite part of moving as a kid. Boxes and exploring/running around the empty house. And you should definantly be compensated for your picture taking. You are very talented. I know though, how hard it can be to charge people for doing something you love. I bet if you thought about it you could come up with a fee that made you feel okay and then you'd have a little extra to do really fun stuff with your kids, like get icecream :)
We had fun painting your house! and it looks good. We will have to come see it with the green wall. We are painting in our house today also.
I had not noticed the Target or Walmart thing. I will have to look at it next time i'm in line.
Way fun! Glad you can settle in now! You are so lucky to have all your family around! Miss you!
Hey Crystal- just a tip on the photog sessions- I charge $25 for every family sessions I do. It's not much but it adds up and then I don't feel like I'm doing it for nothing-even though I enjoy it!
Congrats on the new house!
Post a Comment