4.02.2009

Update

I haven't written a blog in awhile. I've also been bad on my Photo blog. What's wrong with me? My life right now has been very full. I'm pretty blessed to have so many good things to do. Lately I've been contemplating kindergarten for Braden. It's fun to think about him going to school. I know it's registration time right now, so I'm busily getting his vaccination records together (since I was irresponsible and forgot his little book at every appointment). It is difficult for me to register him when I don't know where we will be living. He's also under age, and so I have to rely on him being taken as an exception. If he starts next year it won't be so bad. I just feel like he's probably ready for the curriculum now, so hopefully they'll take him this year.
Yesterday brought an unexpected change in our quest for a house. We still haven't heard from the bank about the house we've made an offer on. Then Tuesday night, Spencer saw a new house on the market over in an established and great neighborhood in Gilbert. It looked in decent shape and it was in the middle of our price range. So, yesterday Brian took us all to have a look. It is great! There are things I don't love about it, but is big enough for us to stay there for a long time and it's location is spectacular. It's right across the street from Houston Elementary school which is a public school I would be comfortable with. We decided that it would be a better investment with more potential than the house over here that we had put an offer on. Better still, it's bank owned instead of being a short sale equaling faster decision time. We slipped an offer in right as they were not accepting any more. So, ours in 1 of 8 offers on that house. We'll just have to see what goes down. If ours is accepted, we'll cancel our other offer. If not, we'll just keep waiting on it. I hardly can say which one I'd like the most. It's a difficult decision all things considered. I guess I'm kind of leaving part of the decision to divine guidance. I prayed that the house on Houston would work out if it would be the best one for our family.
Lately has also been enjoyable socially. I've gotten a chance to watch and participate in a couple band practices for G33K Empire, a band that several of my friends are in. It's been cool to watch them progress. They've got great chemistry and awesome songs and once they get the balance just right, they'll be amazing musically.
I've been pretty good with being active thanks to my sister-in-law, Diana. She is training to instruct Body Flow at the gym and has provided the opportunity to for me to be part of her practice class. Body Flow is basically a mix of Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi, and it is a good muscle toning work out. Now if I keep up with running, this will probably be a good combination of losing fat while gaining muscle strength. As far as eating well, I've been doing OK. I have to admit, our home teachers came over with a plate of perfectly soft chocolate chip cookies and I partook of two of them. I was surprised that they made me feel a little gross. Perhaps my body is getting used to this sugar separation.
On a more important note, I've been really blessed by the gospel in my life lately. We've been trying much harder to read scriptures as a family and the kids hardly ever let us forget now. Our favorite way to do this is to get the kids ready for bed and then let them snuggle with us in our bed while we turn on the audio (on LDS.org) for the chapter we are on. It's been working alright, but I think we might just start reading aloud instead of listening to the audio. Jade is very wiggly and it's difficult to hear. Braden is very inquisitive about the big words found in the scriptures and I think it would be better for him if we could stop and explain things. Sometimes I feel like it's not doing any good, but I suppose if for nothing else, it's instilling a good habit. This weekend is General Conference, a time when the general leaders of the church will deliver inspiring words to uplift and buoy us up in these troubled times. I look forward to it will much eagerness and I hope my children will be able to glean something from the messages as well. If you are interested in watching it, the local showings are on TV channel 6 (cable) or 61 Saturday and Sunday starting at 9:00AM and then also at 1:00PM. For people out of state check lds.org for ways to see it.
So life has been busy but good. Hopefully I'll have news about a house next time. Until then, enjoy this update.

2 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

it sounds like that house is in the ward we're living in right now - but not for much longer. My parents and brother's family live there. Houston is a great school!! Good luck with everything - buying a house can sure be stressful!

Kristi said...

I wish you the best in your search for a house - it is such a big and scary decision. It's a good thing for the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

So in what way do you participate in the band practices? That sounds cool! And the Body Flow sounds cool, too. I bet Diana will be great.