
4.05.2009
3 Faces of Bacon
I want to thank everyone's comments of support and excitement and good advice regarding the house. You guys are the best! I'm so excited about the house, but I also realize that if it doesn't work out as we plan, there are so many opportunities out there right now. Now on a completely different and embarrassingly random note, I want to blog today about bacon. For some reason, I was thinking about bacon and it's role in my life. It's an enemy, friend and comedian all wrapped into one and I can't imagine my life without it. OK, so that may be a little bit dramatic, but let me explain. I enjoy bacon probably about once a quarter or less (I prefer the turkey variety). If I eat it any more than that it becomes unappealing to me, but at this schedule it is like a special treat. Well, I was cooking some up this morning and I was reminded of how horrible that stuff is to prepare. I was simply trying to turn it over so it would cook evenly and it was violently spitting hot oil towards me. I feared for the skin on my hands and arms. I decided to make an attempt to protect myself after feeling several tiny but painful burns, so I put on an oven mitt. Feeling confident in my new armor, I turned the bacon over only to have it fling a bunch of oil on my eye. Yeah, so much for the oven mitt. Luckily, I have cat-like reflexes and my eye was closed so it just got my eyelid and the top of my cheekbone. No permanent damage done (don't worry, Celestia), but this is why bacon is my enemy. After I ate the bacon, it kept me full all morning long and I had no cravings for snacks. In this way, bacon is my friend. And now, I'd like to introduce bacon as the comedian it is. On Facebook, there are these buttons you can put on a bulletin board and I absolutely die laughing about the ones featuring bacon. Since it would be impossible to explain, I will provide pictures below. I just realized this is probably the most pointless blog post I've ever written, but hopefully you were amused by the 3 faces of bacon.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Thanks for the comic relief. Sorry to hear about your face. (She said with a chuckle)
That has to be the best blog post yet Crystal!!!
Bacon can be a cruel mistress.
The great ways of bacon are too profound for mere humans to comprehend. It is best just to enjoy the bacon, and give it due reverence. All hail BACON!!!!!
PS I am a quarterly bacon lover as well! how funny.
Into the DEEP deep thoughts of Crystal, or at least the momentary shallow ones that are MOST amusing :) thanks for the bacon post!
That's awesome! I wonder if you could find a "do not shoot bacon gun at head while in bathtub" picture too:)
The bacon buttons are hilarious! Sorry you got burned. You could try on of those wire mesh splatter guard things, although they don't work 100%, they do help. All that fat in bacon satiates hunger much better than carbs, so it's all good.
haha! Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment