It's been a little while since I've posted. So what have I been doing instead you might ask? Well, I often ask myself that same question. As a stay-at-home, I am often faced with long days that seem extremely busy. After all is said and done and I'm resting my head on my pillow I'll question, "What did I do today?" "Where did my time go?" Sometimes the answer almost makes me cry as I feel the frustration of being occupied and busy all day and accomplishing "nothing". Other times, when the stars have aligned (the kids have played nicely together, random last-minute plans haven't come up, I've remained motivated for most of the day) I feel happy and glad that I am able to have such freedom to get so much done during the day. Sometimes I will sell myself short and think I can't do something because I have the kids. Other times, I short change them by cramming too much into the day and not really attending to anything aside from their basic needs. Staying at home is all about finding the balance. I haven't really found it yet, but some days shine as a beautiful beam and encourage me to hope that perhaps I will. But anyway, that was a very rouge topic that came out of nowhere. I was actually going to post about what I've been up to... as if you cared. It's probably more for me to refocus than anything.
So, Thanksgiving has come and gone. It flew by like the flock of geese I saw the other day. I wish Thanksgiving would last longer, but it's not nearly marketable enough and so, alas, Christmas takes over all too soon. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. Joining together to celebrate the birth of our Savior is my favorite time of the year. I just also really like Thanksgiving. Anyway, it's gone and I just need to move on. The weekend of Thanksgiving was really fun for me. I got to shoot several families (with the camera... come on!) and it was so much fun.

I love taking pictures and I'm getting somewhat better at it thanks to the practice. I really would like to formally learn more about photography (especially portraits), but I think I better work on the program I'm currently enrolled in first. So with the photo shoots came photo editing (another class I'd like to take) and distributing the finished products. Other things I've been up to have been preparing for our ward activity, helping people here and there, going to Ikea, working on my skills (sewing, guitar, lyric writing), hanging out, doing loads and loads of laundry, yard saling etc. We had an awesome party at Dallas and Jamie's the other night. It was a white elephant gift exchange and who doesn't like that! I totally hit the jack pot with two "Santa" bowls and a box of Fruity Pebbles. Afterward we all just sat around and talked... mostly about novels (apparently I hang with a pretty sophisticated crowd... ha ha). Looking back I guess I haven't really been that busy. It won't last, though. This weekend I've already planned visiting teaching, a play date for Braden, a ward Christmas party (which I'm on the committee for), The AquaBats, a teaching assignment in church and also... I have final projects due in both classes. KachoW! It feels good to have things to do, but sheesh I think it will be nice when things slow down a little.


7 comments:
I can identify with your whole first paragraph, especially the part about wanting to cry ;). Seriously, this post made me smile! Good luck with the "things to do" in the coming weeks.
I think a lot of people can relate to the problem of being terribly busy without concrete evidence to show for it at the end of the day. This happens to me both at work and at home. I do have to agree though, that busy is better than bored. I'm glad you posted again. I was getting impatient for you to amuse and entertain me with your blog.
What you said about finding balance is so true. It's something I struggle with everyday. Probably most people do.
Thank you for making time to take the Shaw family pictures. I still need to pick up the CD from my mom. I'm excited to see them!
WOW! No wonder you've been so MIA lately. That's really cool that you're honing your photography skills. I really like the photo on this post...you look like a secret agent sorta kinda!
So, in all of your busy plans you didn't even mention moving to a new house in a couple weeks. Did you forget that or are you trying to forget about it for now LOL. Let me know if you guys need some help moving!
I've learned to move past the guilt stuff and just be glad for what I can get done each day. I've always loved photography, too! I really want a nice camera someday. What kind do you have? Your pictures seem to turn out really nice. Do you have an SLR?
haha. I just saw in your pic that you do have an SLR. I need to work on my observation skills. ;)
hey I've been completely busy with "nothing" too, thus the very shameful not posting on you blogs...
Post a Comment