12.31.2008

Not-So-Permanent House

I figure I should probably post about us moving before the New Year starts. We moved to one of my parents homes (which they just moved out of) and we'll be renting from them until we get everything in order to buy a house. I thank everyone who helped in any way to get us moved, care for our children, clean, or work on improving this place. It's not lip service when I say that we couldn't have done it without you. It's a bigger house and it has a yard for the same amount we were renting our apartment (and less than the new proposed rates). I'm pretty excited to be here even if it is a stepping stone. If I've learned anything from our past, it is that plans have a way of un-planning themselves. The best thing to do is to love where you are and live as if it's permanent even if your goal is to move on soon. I intend to be involved here in as many ways as I can. And luckily, the house is not too far away so we will still be close to all of our friends and Braden's preschool. Who knows what awaits us in the future. Hopefully it holds a place were we can stop and stay awhile. Until then, we're enjoying our not-so-permanent house.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Wide open spaces for the kids must be nice. I'll have to come by and see u guys more than I did in the last place :-)

Tiffini said...

I love your line: plans have a way of un-planning themselves. I feel like that is our life theme! In the five years we've been married, we've moved 4 times. I told Jason I feel like a military wife. Looks like we'll be adding another move sooner than we thought. The owner of the house we're in is having financial difficulties. The only thing constant in life is change!

We feel the same as you. Live in a place as if you'll be there forever - you'll have no regrets and it takes most of the stress of uncertainty out of the picture.

Good luck on your move! I'm glad we can be blogging buddies, so we can at least stay connected that way. :)

Kristi said...

It's must be nice to be in a house with a yard, especially for your kids! You have such a good attitude. I am reminded to be grateful that we have a house, and we can afford the payments.

Terra said...

Someday you'll take my advice and come join us in Missouri! Lots and lots of wide open spaces, and you'll have an emerald green lawn without once having to water.