On Saturday Spencer had the day off of work so we decided to take a trip to Flagstaff to play in the snow. The kids had never before seen snow and although we are very busy right now, we decided to take a break and do something special for them. They were fans of the snow, but not really fans of the cold. All went well, but next time we will do better at a couple things: Providing Jade with better fitting gloves featuring elastic at the wrist (they kept falling off), and providing Braden with more appropriate socks (I guess I just chose ankle socks out of habit). Highlights of our trip included making a snowman named Jadelynn-ie (because it was small), sledding on the box from our bottled waters, making snow angles, eating lots of snow (this was done mainly by the kids), taking pictures, learning the difference between clean and dirty snow, and warming up at the restaurant on the way home. Spencer and I had a lot of fun and it was also really nice to have some decent conversations with each other in the car. Honestly, with how busy we've been it's been rare to just sit and talk. I also got a chance to sing medium loudly to two Fall Out Boy CD's and an AquaBats CD. I appreciate Spencer's tolerance of my need to sing in the car. I'm glad we took the time for a nice little snow trip.
4 comments:
I love it when Arizona people try to adequately prepare for cold weather. LOL Ankle socks? Really?! Hahaha!
Oh, I came up with a caption for the pic of you in the snow "IceWoman!"
Also, I love the chest hair on the snowman. Gotta love a Taurus kid...so stubborn just like me ;-) I'm surprised there's not big eyes on the snowman. Hmmmm.
How fun to go to the snow! We want to take our kids this year. Maybe we'll go this week since it's supposed to rain here - which means snow in the cold areas. Cute pictures!
I wish we were going to the snow thia year....last year we had a new born and this year paul is working too much :( On the slightly evil side, I would have liked to see a brawl in the snow
If she says it's a nose, then it's a nose. I don't argue with toddler logic anymore. I'm learning. It looks like you guys had lot's of fun! I think the clean vs dirty snow thing is hilarious. At least he wasn't eating yellow snow!
Post a Comment