10.31.2008

So Done With Halloween!

I'm kinda done with Halloween. We had a jam packed day today. I was helping do another huge party tonight and was in charge of getting some things set up. I didn't want it to be like last time were I was running around with my head chopped off and my kids were neglected and side-swept, so I made a proposed schedule last night to attempt to do some fun things with the kids and make the party things run smoothly. Here was/is today's schedule (as you can see, I'm supposed to be flopping on the couch right now):

Schedule 10-31-08 HALLOWEEN!

6:30 Up with the kids / breakfast
7:00 scriptures/ prayer
7:30 kids bath
8:00 Shower
8:30 ready for day / laundry in wash
8:45 Dishes
9:15 laundry in dryer / laundry in wash
9:30 Prepare sack lunches
9:45 Kids in costumes
10:00 Leave for library for Halloween Spooktacular
11:15 Go to Lovells set up ward party and eat sack lunches
- Christmas lights
- trick or treat bag booth
- opening sign
- kids area sign
- electrical
- miscellaneous
1:00 Go home / laundry in dryer
1:20 Read books
1:30 Carve Pumpkin
2:30 Jade nap Braden quiet time
- Make posters
- curl hair
- do make-up
- Put on my costume
3:45 Kids in Costumes
4:00 Gather things for party
- stuff for goodie bags
- Posters
- tape
- kids shoes
4:20 Leave for party
6:30 Come home Light our jack-o-lantern and wind down together
6:45 Kids Pajamas and Bed
7:00 flop on the couch and rest
7:30 Put costumes away
7:45 Effective Business Communications Checkpoint COM140 and post
to Discussion Question twice check GEN105 discussions
8:45 Hang with Spencer
10:30 go to bed

So far things have gone as planned (mostly). However, the slot that says "come home light our jack-o-lantern and wind down together" turned into, "light our jack-o-lantern and then put the kids to bed before I explode while trying to maintain some semblance of patience and love." It was a horrible mom moment, actually. At least I can be happy that tomorrow after I clean up from this event, things will be back to "normal". I really am so done with Halloween.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Crystal,
You're such a cute little angel :-) and that Jack o' Lantern is really cool looking! I'm happy Halloween is over too! Whoo hoo!

Alisa said...

I hear ya on the horrible mom moment. I was having a hard time right around bedtime too, but luckily she and I parted happily and she's asleep. Now, go relax!

heidi said...

The pictures are fun! You guys did carve a cool pumpkin! Sounds like you had a busy day. But, today is not Halloween and I bet it is better to look back at the moments that live in them sometimes. And, to answer your question about people complying with the sirens, yes they do. You have to understand, rochester is nothing like mesa, it is more like mt. pleansant, ut. Small and everyone knows everyone. Chris and I love it! Take care!

Natalia Gray said...

Crystal, you're amazing!!

Kristi said...

What a busy day! I'm amazed you actually kept to your crazy schedule. And what's up with switching from a devil to an angel? I thought you were on my side! J/K

Nice jack-o-lantern and cute costumes for your kids! I don't think I would have recognized Spencer.

LaRee said...

Spencer did good finding you to marry. You'll look back on these time with such nostalgia in a few years. What a day!