10.13.2008
I'ma be Edumacated!
I have now officially started school again. AHHHHH! I'm fine... just wondering if I can handle this. I'm doing two online classes at a time through Axia College (The associates portion of University of Phoenix). I'm in the AAB program (business). Currently I'm doing GEN 105 Skills for Learning in an Information Age and COM 140 Contemporary Business Communications. They're the basics and look like fairly easy classes. I am trying to get used to the online course style that they use, though. It's much different than any school I've done before. Once I get a handle on that, I think it'll just breeze by. I'm really excited to be finally getting a degree after being a college drop out for a few years. Once I'm done with this one, I want to move on to my Bachelors degree. Maybe I'll start an at-home business someday when I have more discretionary time. At least I'll have the know-how if I ever need it. I'm not really sure what kicked me in the pants and caused this heightened desire for formal education, but I'm excited to keep it up and meet my goals. After the degrees I will have time to take classes as they interest me and not have to worry about if they add up to a piece of paper. That is really how I've always enjoyed school. However, I have realized that this education style doesn't stretch me and doesn't help me prepare for any future work needs that may arise. So for now, I'll jump through the hoops and scoop up as much practical knowledge from it as possible. I'ma be edumacated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Crystal-
That is great! I am a big believer in education. Good Luck. I know you can do it. Also, have fun!
That's great! Good luck with it. I'm currently working on my second Bachelors degree and I'm loving it - mainly because I get the free classes at Grand Canyon Univ and I know there isn't as much pressure on me as before. For some reason when I was at BYU my quest for good grades ruined some of the enjoyment of learning!
Good for you! I'm jealous. My mom is working on her bachelor's degree and getting her teaching certificate this spring. I miss all of the mind-numbing learning! Maybe someday. . .
Way to go Crystal!!! I'm try'n to get me edumacted too!!!! I earned my AAB from Axia so if you want any of my papers just let me know. . . .jk. .. . .
I think you are doing a very smart thing. I am so glad that I went to school, and I think everybody should do it if they can. Besides, the most sigificant indicator for your children getting higher education isn't money (although that correlates, no suprise), it's the parent's own level of education. Way to set an example! Grandma Judy even got her bachelor's degree post retirement.
Yeah Crystal!!! I am excited for you to be in school. Papers are so fun! :) Let me know if you ever have questions about the online classroom. :)
Love Chelsea
Post a Comment