7.02.2008

Minority

Yipee! The car is fixed. I no longer feel imprisoned. Since I hadn't driven for several days, I felt OK about driving far for some shopping and fun. So, off to IKEA we went. I found bunches of stuff including fabric for my curtains. The kids and I ate lunch at their cafe after we were done shopping. Braden finished first, so I let him play in the kids area with the other children. After awhile I noticed that he stood out like an albino surrounded by highly pigmented people . I counted ten kids including himself. Of the ten, about 4 were asian, 2 were black, 3 were hispanic, and 1 was middle eastern or something. Because I find random hilarity in situations like this, I snapped a picture. My little blond haired, blue eyed boy surrounded by dark skinned, brown eyed, dark haired friends. The best part is that he was having a blast and was thinking nothing of it. Now he knows what it feels like to be a minority.

5 comments:

haole12 said...

Awesome!!! I love how it doesn't even seem phase him that the kids are a different color than him.

kimberly said...

I'm so glad your car is fixed! It must have been so hard to be without it!

Unknown said...

Too funny! Those two black kids must have been the only two black kids in Tempe! Lol!

Terra said...

Oh, to have an IKEA close by (or any store that's not Wal-mart)!

Anonymous said...

hey give me a ring next time you go! it's so close to me I'd love to come with you :)