7.07.2008

Thank You

I was just thinking about something. People are constantly doing things for me and my family. We are continuously being blessed by others. We have never been without the necessities of life and that is only because others have loved and served us. Furthermore, we have scarcely been without many of our WANTS because of the generosity of others. I don't know how to account for it. I really don't deserve any of it. I am often a selfish person and I sometimes wonder, "would I do this for someone else in the same situation?" We owe so many people so much more than we could ever pay back. People have blessed us so tremendously, that I have begun to lose track of the tally I had going. I know that I can never re-pay everything that so many people have done for us, so I suppose the best thing I can do is to use their service as a great example to me and just give it back to somebody else when it is my turn. So thank you to everyone who has ever babysat, moved us, taken us on vacations, let us live in your home, given us things to ease our way, been a friend through hard times, forgave me when I spoke without thinking, loved me unconditionally, cleaned my stove for me, made something beautiful for my daughter, gave my kids your kid's clothes/ toys/ shoes when they outgrew them, taken family pictures for us, fed us, made us cookies, chatted with me when I was craving adult conversation, came to my child's birthday party when you could have been doing something way more fun, or in any other way taught me how to give without any thought of self. I love you, and I hope I will someday be that person for somebody too. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post. You are way better than you think at helping and giving love to others! Just so you know. I love you and appreciate all that you do for me too. Your sisterhood/cousinhood is so special to me. You are a gem ...

Unknown said...

You are that person Crystal! It's so good that you have so much thankfulness in your heart :-) Thank you for your love...that is the most important thing you give me. Also, thanks for having the cutest kids EVER! They are such a joy in our family. I miss you so much! Take care!