7.27.2007

Make Them Count


Today was a sad and shocking day in the aviation world, a world that my family is now part of. Two news copters collided mid-air and plummeted to the ground killing all four passengers involved. It happened right here in Phoenix... really close to Allen's house. Many of you may have heard the story. It really hit home for us over here. We heard about it around one-o'clock and turned on the TV. We sat there glued to the images before us trying to contemplate what may have happened. I have always felt a lot of emotion and sympathy when I learn of a tragedy, even when it involves total strangers. Today it was even worse. The helicopter world is pretty small, and I guess with Spencer very near to being a pilot, I felt connected somehow to the people who had died. I know that death is not the end, but I do ache for the families and friends who are left behind with nothing but questions. I can't imagine what it must be like to send a loved one off to work never to see them again. Would I be at peace knowing that I had shown all the love I could have, or would I feel regret that the last words we had exchanged were something mundane like, "You better leave or you're going to be late." I guess it just makes me want to try harder in every moment to show love and caring to my husband and all the people that I feel so blessed to have in my life... even when I'm stressed, because I really never know how many more moments there will be in this life. I need to make them count.

4 comments:

Shaw said...

Um, just a question, how did you get your favorite links, etc. over on the side?
Chantel :):):):)

Shaw said...

Wow, that sucks. Daniel is back into flying now and it does scare me, but it's so awesome. I always tell him to fly better than he drives (HAHA) and he'll be okay. I guess that's why they make communication such an important part of their program and unfortunately it takes things like this to make you realize just how important it is.
Oh, and I Love comments too, and you always leave some, so I figured I should return the favor, I like looking at websites!
Chantel :):):):)

Unknown said...

I love your take on this tragic event! It's so important to let the people we love know how much we love them. Statistically we are in more danger driving down the road than flying in a helicopter (I know how cliché that sounds). So, before you get in the car...I love you :-)

Anonymous said...

Yah, as I always say ~ "Drive Carefully ~ That means I Love You"
With Love, Mom