12.30.2009

Bring on the Adventure and Bring on the Progress

Well Christmas has come and gone and it's now almost a new year. I was thinking about trying to sum up this years happenings but it's been a really long year! I think if I try to sum it up everyone who even glances at this blog will be fast asleep in 2.3 minutes. It was a good year with a lot of good changes for my family. It's kind of a catch 22 when it comes to improvement because you first have to find out that something is wrong. That happened a couple of times this last year and it was painful each time. The good news is that after a day or two of coping, or crying action can be made and progress can take place. I am and my family is in the midst of progress and I hope that I can report that for the rest of my life. So I guess when it comes to things of true importance this year can be summed up by growth and everything that associates with that. Anyway perhaps the better thing to do is to think about the year ahead. I haven't yet sat down and contemplated deeply on my hopes and desires for the year coming. I know I want to do great things. I know I want to do better at teaching my children. I know I want to keep up on photography even though my year with the photo blog is coming to a close. I know I want to help the young women feel close to their Heavenly Father through the music at girls camp this summer. I know I want to be a good friend. Time can only say what types of curve-balls will come my way as I try to do these things. Right now, standing on the edge of a new beginning, I feel ready. Bring on the adventure and bring on the progress.

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Well said! We love and miss you and your beautiful family- we wish you another year full of joy in whatever comes your way.

Chelsea said...

I very much enjoyed your relaying of the burnt pullups. I'm also very glad everyone (including your house) were safe.
I also am grateful for this post about progress and that you pointed out that progress can not come without the uncomfortable process of finding something that is not right. As long as we always have the attitude of progress it will just get easier as we work at it through the years. Are you still going to continue your photo blog? I hope so.

Kristi said...

Great attitude, Crystal - yes progress is good, even though it can be painful. I've had those moments, too.