3.12.2009

Going Through the Process

You may be wondering where the heck I've been for the last couple weeks. I have a hard time posting when there is unfinished business. In other words, I like to write things after the fact. It helps me make more sense of them I suppose. It's a psychological thing that I never would have known if it were not for this blog. But I shall try to update a bit so I don't make people think I've died or something. Lately I've been hunting. I've been house hunting. It is a lot of work, but more it's just a lot of emotional drain. It's not like horrible or anything, it's just I have a hard time trying to predict the future and finding something that will suit us best for that future. I'm glad to have prayer and inspiration to help in the process, but it is still hard. We've found a house that we really like and it's a steal at only $55 a square foot! However, it needs new carpet, so we're trying to get that wrapped into the mortgage, but we're running into issues. This is partially because it's a short sale and partially because we are going the FHA route. In the meantime, I know it's a good deal and feel like someone else is going to snatch it from under our noses before we can get everything straight. I've been on the phone and getting quotes and bids and talking to the loan guy and the Realtor (Brian J., who's been so great) non-stop for the last two days since we found the place. I'm not freaking out too much, it's just hard not knowing if all this effort will produce any results or if we'll have to start over and keep looking. Luckily, our housing situation affords us the flexibility that we need to do it right and relieves me of unnecessary pressure and stress regarding having a place to live. I know it will all work out. I'm glad to be working with such competent people. I'm sure we'll appreciate it more after going through the process.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Crystal. Buying a house can be sooooo stressful. A good deal always makes is more exciting. 55 dollars a sq foot sounds unbelievable. Even if you have to live on concrete floors!

Unknown said...

Sometimes its hard to have done all your "hwk" and put it in God's hands to let it ride. But when it all somehow works out it is so awesome.

Kristi said...

I admire your faith through the stressful process of buying a house, but it's also so exciting, isn't it?! I wish you guys the best!

d.jo said...

Wow! $55/sq.ft? That's awesome. Hope everything works out for you!

Unknown said...

It sounds like a great deal! It sure is nice that Mom & Dad are such flexible landlords...that takes a lot of the stress out of your situation. It gives you the ability to say "if it works out it works out...if not, oh well, I have a place to call home." Also, as good a deal as it is there are a lot of good deals out there so no need to stress really. Believe me, I've made the mistake of stressing myself out over purchasing a property and it's not worth the emotional drain.
With that said, good luck and I hope you find a great place to call home and raise your beautiful family! I love you!

Kevin said...

Good luck with getting your house!