Lately Braden has become quite interested in pine cones. Specifically pine cones that are found during recess at preschool. He'll find some pine cones and ask if he can take them home. They usually let him take one home when he asks. So over the last few weeks, we've started to see several pine cones lying around in the kids bedrooms. Usually Braden will set them on the foot board of his or Jades bed to "decorate", but that only lasts so long before they fall on the floor. Anyway, a stroke of brilliance hit me today when he brought home yet another two pine cones. What if we turned them into toys? I had several googly eyes, pipe cleaners, and colors of yarn on hand, so I thought, "Why not little pine cone people?" Heck, with the amount we have we could do a whole pine cone family! So, I pitched the idea to the kids and they ate it up. A pine cone family! No way! So, I used the hot glue and let them pick out their eyes and arms and legs and hair, etc. Braden also decided that they would be much cooler with wings. He knew I had feathers, so he suggested it and I said... "Let's go nuts." Anyway, here is the result: somewhat freaky looking pine cone people to love and cherish.


4 comments:
You are such a fun mom! Very cute pinecone people!
I'm cracking up right now!
your kids are so cute! I love jades face in that picture!
What a cute idea - so creative!
Post a Comment