2.09.2009
24 Hours
This last weekend my parents took the kids to Peoria for a little sleep over. I got about 24 hours without them and although I missed them by the end it really was nice to just do whatever came to my mind whenever I wanted without a big production of socks and shoes and jackets and babysitters etc. So what did I do with 24 hours of freedom? On Friday, I cleaned both bathrooms, swept the floor, did a couple loads of laundry, and cleaned the kitchen and dishes. Then it was play time. I went to several craft stores and got some supplies for some projects I've been wanting to do. Then I met Spencer at home and we went to Arby's for dinner and just did a little casual thrift store shopping before meeting some good friends (The Lovell's and Dopp's) for dessert at BJ's. We had pazookies and good conversation until the waitress seemed a little bit eager to get rid of us. We were still having fun, so we decided to break off and then meet up at the Dopp's for games. It was so fun. We played a couple fun games and talked a lot. Nicki showed me how to make a cute little tutu for Jade while we were there. We had brownies and stuff and before we knew it, it was some time after 1 in the morning, so we went home. The next morning I enjoyed sleeping in until about 7:45. It was nice. Then I headed out to get a few more supplies I needed for my projects. When I came home I worked on baby headbands and had so much fun just creating. I then made a quick chicken salad for Suzanne's baby shower (with a lot of help from Spencer) and took off. After the shower I watched She's The Man while making Jades tutu. It turned out so good! She totally loves it. Spencer was out mountain boarding, so I spent the rest of the afternoon doing things I'd wanted to do but hadn't had the chance. I went and visited the cemetery where my Grandfather and cousin are buried. I enjoyed just taking some time to think about them and what they might be doing now. I went and walked around an antique mall after that just because I could. Then I went to downtown mesa Main St. and shot some interesting pictures. It was fun. I met Spencer at home and we went and met up with my parents and the kids at the Gurney's where Jacob and Joni were opening their gifts. Hopefully my parents and children can say the same, as for me, I had a lot of fun during those 24 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That sounds like the best. Who wants to take my kids for the weekend? I love Jade's tutu. It turned out so cute. Thanks for sending that picture.
Wow. I am so jealous. I feel tied to the house right now with a 2 yo and a newborn. I would LOVE to have 24 hrs to myself. But it sounds like you were very productive and I bet it was therapeutic for you. I want to see a step by step blog post on tutu making!
I always feel that OH I miss the kids when we get a chance to get away, I always just want to see them for like an hour and then go back to my time. sigh* My favorite part would be how all of day one's cleaning stayed clean till after day two :) crafts aside of course
How nice of your parents to take your kids for a day! I can imagine how refreshing it was for you! It's so true that when you have kids your life is no longer your own.
Crystal, you're so creative & awesome! i'm working on a project right now i'd love to show you & ask what you think abt it. i'll post a pic on our blog when i'm done. as well i wanted to ask how to change the background for the blog. i wonna do something creative. as well i have a friend who can help me to make a family picture calendar for 2009 - cuz we have only little ones & the one i did last year for Kevin as a present which i wonna show you too cuz i think you might like it too :) we should live closer so we could share our ideas! i love you tons!!!
It sounds like a fun day! Did you create your own blog background? The picture is awesome. Is it one you took while in downtown Mesa? I see those trees blooming everywhere around here right now and they are so pretty.
You are way more productive than I would be. I wouldn't get very much past the sleeping in part. I am inherently lazy though.
Post a Comment