4.03.2008

Poor Things

I should probably note that our two new family members that I wrote about in my previous post "Little Fishes", have gone the way of all the earth. Yes, they are dead, and I am very sad about it (although, the kids don't seem very distressed... Braden asked if he could flush HeFin down the toilet since thats what I'd done with Flowers). Jade hasn't really noticed at all. Braden suggests that we should just buy new ones, but before I do that, I think I should try to learn how to take care of fish better (suggestions welcome). The poor things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't want to say anything before but keeping gold fish in a little bowl is a myth. They create too much waste (causing high levels of ammonia in the water) to be in such small bowls. also they need more oxygen, partly because of the ammonia. They have to have their water airrated. I would try guppies they are colorful, create less waste and need less oxgen. Also, I have a couple of gallon sized fish bowls you are welcome to have one if you'd like to try fish again. and it never hurts to have a small plant in the water :)