2.07.2008

Our Zoo Day!

The kids and I went to the zoo again today. (Have I ever mentioned that I adore the zoo?) This time we went with Miss Camille's preschool class. Braden doesn't go to preschool, but if I could let him go to one, it would be Miss Camille's school. Not only is she an amazing aunt, she is one of the most caring people I know. She is excellent with little children and supremely patient. She also uses very effective methods of teaching. (And I also just found out that she reads my blog) So, it was a ton of fun to go to the zoo with her and all the kids. Also, Kara, Andrea and Susanne came along to be helpers and photographers and so that was awesome to hang out with them too. They are great gals!
Some highlights of the trip were going inside the monkey village, seeing the baboons eat, Braden petting the sting rays (thanks Susanne) and Jade riding the carousal (thanks Camille), petting the goats, and pushing all the self-guided tour buttons on the signs. We spent about 5 hours there. Braden insisted that he didn't want to go home until we had seen all the animals. It worked out that we could since Jade fell asleep in the stroller and we had nothing else planned for the day. It was a really good time and the kids were excellent! Here are some pictures of our zoo day!

Checking out the baboons and having a snack.

Petting the sting rays with "Miss Susanne".

Consulting the map to find the petting zoo.

Petting/ harassing the goats.

My precious pearl!

Braden pretending to be scared of the crocodile.

5 comments:

Cristi said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to check out the Nashville Zoo. Are you going to put Braden in preschool next year?

Terra said...

Cute pictures! Braden is a lot older than the time I went to the zoo with him. I don't think he was even a year old then.

Anonymous said...

your kids are as absolutely adorable as their mother!

I just love you guys :)

CCmomma said...

When i come to visit lets go again. Our petting zoo Stinks! That looks way cool. i love the pearl pic!

Anonymous said...

I never knew what an incredible actor Braden is. His face is so funny in the picture with the croc. That made me smile!