It has really been a journey lately. Within the last year our plans have changed drastically more times than I can keep track of. There have been times of doubt and great frustration, but throughout the process I have been able to come to the conclusion that there must be a reason for all of this. My experiences in life, up until about a year ago, have been relatively simple. That's not to say that there were never problems, but the problems I did have resolved themselves fairly quickly and then life went on. This past year has been different. We have tried and seemingly failed at so many things... taking one path only to find it was a dead end and we needed to try something else. I've almost felt like I've been playing Monopoly and have just kept drawing "Go directly to jail do not pass GO do not collect $200".
During all of this one question kept arising: "Why?" Our goals have been good goals. I have felt like we have worked pretty hard at them, so why could we not attain what was "best for us"? Well, yesterday I got a call that gave me an answer to that question (at least regarding one of our trials). If you've kept up with my life, you know that we have tried over and over again to move to a place with low house payments and take a position with Silver State Helicopters using that scenario as a means to pay off the school loan. Of course, I was disappointed when we weren't able to buy the house in Queen Creek. Then, as we made plans to possibly move out of state a few months later, Spencer found out about the diabetes thing and the whole plan took a back seat as we focused on maintaining his health. So, over and over again our plans were delayed. Why? The phone call I got yesterday was from Spencer. He had just found out that Silver State Helicopters folded. They went out of business and fired all of their employees with most of them receiving no word of warning. Most of the students weren't even notified and found out through other sources. If we had followed OUR plan, we would be in serious trouble right now. We would be miles and miles away from friends and family with a mortgage or lease payment based on a healthy income and a hefty school loan payment coming out every month (not to mention all the moving expenses and other bills), and then suddenly we would be jobless. There are things that are not perfect about our situation right now, but the Lord has truly blessed our family and watched over us. He doesn't always shine a light ahead of us. Sometimes he just asks us to move forward in the dark and trust in Him. And when we choose to do that and develop faith in His love and care, we will eventually see and understand why He took us on the journey.
I know this is a lot deeper than I usually get with blog posts, but I want to take the oppourtunity to testify of some truth that I have learned. I know that there is a Father in Heaven who cares intensely for all of His children. He knows each of us by name and knows even of our most secret challenges and struggles. He will never abandon us. As we seek His help, He will lead us to truth and to happiness, although it won't often be immediate or easy. Even if it has been a long time since we have truly come to Him and given our life to His hands, He is ready and waiting. All we have left to do is realize this and trust that He will make us better than we can even hope to be. I'm very grateful for all of the blessings in my life right now, and especially for this experience. I think I'm finally starting to get it. And I'm so grateful for this little glimpse of understanding.
2.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow. It seems like no matter how many times I learn these lessons, I always forget that He has a plan and things WILL work out. You are a great example of patience and faith.
Thanks for sharing that! So many times in my life - I've been through these situations where you don't get the answers for years down the road. Hearing your experience strengthens my own testimony in the Lord's plan and how we may not understand it - it's always better than our own plans!
if there is one thing I have learned in my short time here on earth - it is that NOTHING happends in my time frame! Thank Goodness for prayers answered with a simple, No or not now or even maybe. Those were the times I grew the most. I am glad you are all alright and stayed in a safe place for stability!
Thanks for the reminder, Crystal, I totally know what you mean. Best of wishes to you guys and your future. -Mistie (Rogers) Stanford
www.thestanfordbunch.blogspot.com
Amen and WOW! I needed that today! If we only Knew what OUr Father knows about what's in store for us. Love you guys heeps!
I am so glad that you and your family are here close to us, your family, so we can help you! For some reason as I read your testimony the last couple sentences got really blury.:) Your testimony of the truth of our Heavenly Father's love is very powerful and has strengthened mine today. Thank you Crystal!
Post a Comment